New Suite and Mini-Suite Amenities

Charliesmom

Just wondering if anyone knows if these perks will be extended to Elite Captains Circle members, in all classes of cabins, as they have been in the past?

This sounds like it is specific to the category of cabin, not number of cruises.

Thanks Starfamily, Messagegirl and Spongerob. Sounds good to me. I wonder why only some of us got this e-mail. I do have a mini suite booked for the 26th of Sept. As an Elite CC member I wonder if I will also get the extras that suite passengers get.

I tend to agree with those of you that think that the amenities will not be offered by Captains Circle level but rather by Cabin Class. As toto2Kansas points out

Elite perks are still some of the best of any cruise line so I doubt they will be increasing those anytime soon.
Especially since they just increased the perks a year and a half ago when they added the Elite Level.

I was also trying to picture what Kevin pointed out,

......imagine staff running down the hallways trying to remember if the CD/DVD player and upgraded mattress go in room # 134 or in #143?
can you imagine the chaos!

Rod

Thanks Starfamily, Messagegirl and Spongerob. Sounds good to me. I wonder why only some of us got this e-mail. I do have a mini suite booked for the 26th of Sept. As an Elite CC member I wonder if I will also get the extras that suite passengers get.

Since you are booked in a mini suite, I would suspect that you will receive the new mini suite perks and the Elite perks, but I would not be looking for the full suite perks. Elite status entitles you to those Elite perks, plus those associated with the category cabin that you are booked in.

Since you are booked in a mini suite, I would suspect that you will receive the new mini suite perks and the Elite perks, but I would not be looking for the full suite perks. Elite status entitles you to those Elite perks, plus those associated with the category cabin that you are booked in.

Yes I know I won't get the full suite perks. I have been in a suite two times on the Golden and once on the old Sky Princess. and I have been in a Mini suite just this past September after they started the Eleite status. I do know the differance. I even had to ask for my mini bar set up on the Island Princess and see the CC host to get the upgraded bathroom aminities. I did get all the other things promised. The free dry cleaning and laundry was greatly appericated.

Hi I went back and reread the email notice the first line:

onboard_title_1.gifBeginning September 2005, our Suite and Mini-Suite passengers will enjoy added amenities. From sumptuous luxury mattresses, linens and amenities to in-suite entertainment, passengers can expect to be pampered every step of the way.Hope this helps.

Kent

We just disembarked from our very first cruise this morning.

We had a mini-suite on the Island Princess--Vancouver/Whittier--and were given free champagne upon arrival.

We had ordered extra pillows prior to our trip, but they were all foam--no feather.

Our wonderful steward did bring us robes and wine glasses for our suite on his own initiative. He rocked.

If the mattress is the same as those Hal upgraded to, they are heaven. The only difference is all beds received the new mattress, not just suites, although all the suites were upgraded first. The mattress was liked so much by some, that a couple of people on the Hal board ordered them for their home.

The choice of pillows for suites is nice. Hal has had this perk for a long time.

Having never had a suite before-is the mini bar just stocked for free one time or do they continue doing it as it is emptied? We are both soda drinkers and it would be nice to get free ones! And what do they mean by expanded room service menu? Can we get whatever is for dinner served to our room?

Thanks,

Laura

Laura, the suite mini bar set up is 'supposed to be' a one time set up. But if you don't drink much, you should be able to exchange the things you don't drink for bottles of water or soda.

If you are big time soda drinkers, the soda sticker would be the way to go. That way it will be available at any of the bars from the soda guns with your sticker on your cruise card. Also in the dining room.

Refrigerators on Princess ships are empty and not stocked as on other lines. Only ones that have a mini bar that is stocked are FULL suites (not mini suites) and cabins that are booked by Elite members. The initial bar set up for them is free, but if restocked, they are supposed to be charged for what they use.

This is probably the best marketing move Princess has made in years! I have stayed in Westins, Sheratons and Hiltons which offer these amenities: they are divine.

Perhaps I am a cynic, but remember all those upgrades from balcony cabins to minis? With these additions, they will be a thing of the past as now we'll book the minis right off the bat since we'll be actually getting more than a bathtuba and a sofa for our money. Brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...
Now if they only served Celebrity's coffee, full breakfast on veranda and comp canapes before dinner in cabin.

We just got off the Golden in a Mini---we had the option of canapes before dinner every eveing (our choice of type and time of delivery) and we also had the option of HOT breakfast served in cabin......as for coffee ---the lobby coffee bar served wonderful fresh brewed coffee for no fee............(specialty coffees were charged) We stopped for coffee on our way to breakfast every morning (Pack an insulated travel mug - you can enjoy good coffee anytime, anywhere!)

Laura - We don't like to eat in our cabin so didn't pay attention to the expanded room service menu......but I did notice the difference in the (Hot) breakfast menu that you hang on the doorknob before retiring...

Actually, IMHO canapes delivered before dinner is "overload"........hardly time to digest Tea (or Yummy Ice Cream at 3:30 each day) - then short rest, shower, dress and little time to enjoy pre-dinner wine and/or cocktail.

We started out ordereing Chocolate Covered Strawberries but they kept piling up in the fridge !!! Then we tried the shrimp and cavier canapes and they were nice, but really not necessary with the huge dinner coming right along..... We finally stopped ordering canapes altogether....

Perhaps it would be better appreciated if one had dinner at 8:30 each eve.......????

Laura - We don't like to eat in our cabin so didn't pay attention to the expanded room service menu......but I did notice the difference in the (Hot) breakfast menu that you hang on the doorknob before retiring...

QUOTE]

Did I read correctly that they are offering a hot breakfast menu for those in minisuites now? If that is true that is great, that is a wonderful amenity that would be a great way to really enjoy your minisuite. I also thought that the canapes were for the suites and not the minis. I'm a bit confused now.

It was just the standard continental menu as Toto stated. I didn't try writing anything extra in to see if it would be delivered. We only had regular breakfast delivered once. We were able to request early delivery, prior to the first choice of 7:30 AM. The room service steward called from the elevator lobby to see if we were decent before delivering our order. Nice touch! I don't know how many times Margarett has had to hide in the bathroom while I fumble with a robe before opening the door.

We are in a mini but not elite- I was getting all excited at the idea of canapes and hot breakfast, oh well, gotta cruise more so I can get up to elite

The other cruiser must have gotten the canapes because they were elite, not because they were in a mini-suite. We were in a mini on the Golden for our 2nd time on 7/11/05 and we didn't get the canapes every night. I would reconfirm this other wise you will get charged if you order them.

I can tell you that we did order a hot breakfast however. I would call in the am and ask about eggs and they never had a problem delivering eggs and bacon to our stateroom. They told me that they could handle those orders and cook them right there. Actually on both of our cruises on The Golden we had a mini we always got a hot breakfast.

Sorry - Hard to differenciate between Elite and Mini Perks....the nightly canapes must have been because we are Elite - BUT our B'kfst door hanger really did have hot selections - eggs bacon, pancakes etc......I hope the b'kfst menu was for the mini (not just Elite) hard to believe they have 2 different door hangers printed up????

If you are in a mini but not yet Elite - I would just ask the Steward...I bet you get the Hot Breakfast !! Good Luck!

Renee

Archived