Just off Explorer... Questions??

kfleck76,

Also, was wondering if you purchased any of the drink packages, and if so, how do you feel it worked out for you? How was the service in the MDR, bars etc. surrounding drinks you may have ordered?

I happened to be on this sailing and also purchased the drink package. I honestly can say I think I got my money's worth. I did not do the cold hard math so my feeling is subjective relative to the amount of drinks I had and was able to enjoy.

What I will say is this, while I appreciated the convenience of the package, if I had to do another nine day cruise I probably won't do the drink package again (seven Days and less I am game). the reason being is that it is hard for me to drink 9 straight days. I say all of this to say if you can handle your liquor intake and have the stamina to do so for 9 days then I say have at it because you can definitely make it worth your while depending on how port heavy the cruise is (and the time they get to the ports). If you are one of those folks that have to be the first off the ship at every port then the package may be counter productive to your goals depending on much of the package you intend to use.

I found the drink service in the MDR to be slow at best especially when ordering wine.

I found some bars to be too crowded but given the crowds the I found the service to be adequate.

The free drinks at the diamond event are always only wine, champagne and soda and there are never any appetizers. If the ship has a diamond lounge then mixed drinks and beer are included and appetizers are served.

I understand this will all be changing this fall. Vouchers for 3 predinner drinks instead. They can be used at any bar and are good for a singe day between certain hours each day.

Thanks for your feedback, Angelofsin. This was one of my concerns too... nine days and nights of drinking is a bit much. We are self professed light weights when it comes to drinking. Still, at this point, I'm leaning towards giving it a try. I do like the notion of "pre-paying" so you don't have to worry about charges adding up on board if you should want to have a few extra pops. Also, I'm hoping the added "non-alcoholic" options will help make the overall package worth it.

I appreciate your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

kfleck,

We leave on EOS tomorrow... not sure you'll be able to answer this in time. But thought I'd ask. Did you find enough electrical outlets in the room? If you need to charge various electronics as well as camera batteries, is there adequate outlets?

Thanks

kfleck,

We leave on EOS tomorrow... not sure you'll be able to answer this in time. But thought I'd ask. Did you find enough electrical outlets in the room? If you need to charge various electronics as well as camera batteries, is there adequate outlets?

Thanks

There are 2 US type outlets and 1 Euro type outlet in the desk area.

Food in the main dining room was good. Explorer does not have a Chops. The nightly Diamond event was held in the Diamond Lounge on deck 14. Diamond+ was on deck 10 in the Concierge Lounge.

There was also a dance party with buffet on the pool deck on Sunday night.

I will scan the compasses but I wont have them finished until after the July 4th holiday weekend. I will start a new thread with them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

kfleck,

Thanks

You can also ask your cabin steward for extension chords and... It's slipping my mind right now lol... You plug it in and there lots of outlets on it. Surge protector?

You can also ask your cabin steward for extension chords and... It's slipping my mind right now lol... You plug it in and there lots of outlets on it. Surge protector?

Powerboard we call them down under :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What times were the shows each night? Trying to make my time reservations.

Shows are timed to be convenient for the traditional dining times of 6pm and 8:30pm.

• 1 month later...
We sailed explorer last December and have to say we couldn't stand Leigh and Erky.... Leigh makes us Aussies look bad!

TheBrowns

So let me get this straight.....By presenting Aussies as generous, caring, fun loving people with a great sense of humor Leigh makes Aussies look bad? Methinks someone is wound a little too tight.

• 3 weeks later...
Food in the main dining room was good. Explorer does not have a Chops. The nightly Diamond event was held in the Diamond Lounge on deck 14. Diamond+ was on deck 10 in the Concierge Lounge.

Does Explorer have a true diamond lounge that offers the same services as the concierge lounge or the nightly diamond event with free wine and soda?

Edited by Patti72357