Just off Explorer... Questions??

I was also on the same sailing.

I'm looking at the departure schedule now and self assist was 8:30-9:30am.

There were some time changes on our sailing, which are the following:

Concierge Lounge opened at 4:30pm to 8-8:30pm , instead of 5pm.

All dining (both MTD and regular dining) was changed to 5:30pm & 8:00pm every night. Show times were also changed on most nights to coincide with dining change. Here's the listing of the shows we had and their times.

Day 1

Welcome aboard show and a comedian, one show for all guests at 7:15pm

Late night Adult Comedy 10:15

Day 2

The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers, "Invitation to Dance" 8:30pm and 10:15pm

Day 3

Headliner Show starring Blaze of Glory (Bon Jovi Tribute) 6:45pm and 8:30pm

This show was excellent!!! People dancing in the aisles and in their seats. It was like going to a rock concert.The group was from Canada, lead singer kind of looked like Bon Jovi and and sounded exactly like John Bobn Jovi . One of the guitarist looked like Richie Sambora and sounded like him when playing his guitar.

Day 4

Ice Show 1:30pm and 3:30pm

The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers "Wild, Cool and Swingin" 6:45pm and 8:30pm

Day 5

The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers "An Intimate Jazz Cabaret" 7:15pm and 8:15pm (held in the Maharajas Lounge) as all other shows are in the Palance theater. Did not attend so can not comment on show.

Love and Marriage Game 10:00pm

Day 6

Headliner Show starring the Magic of Puck 6:45pm and 8:30pm

Day 7

Headliner Show starring an "Evening with Vocalist/Entertainer Tony B" 6:45pm and 8:30pm

70's Disco Inferno Street Party 10:00pm

Day 8

Ice Show 1:30pm and 3:30pm (same show as Day 4, just different Muster stations)

The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers "Fast Forward" 6:45pm and 8:30pm

Quest 10:00pm

Silent Party 11:00pm to 1:00am

Day 9

Farewell Variety show 6:45pm and 8:30pm

Pool attendants did a fantastic job and stayed on top of all chair hogs, I was impressed. You still didn't need your seapass for towels at the pool. But, I was told as of the 5-31-14 sailing and going forward on all sailings, when the ship is in a port only, your seapass will be scanned for towels as too many towels are being left on beaches in the ports.

There were not many D+ aboard, approx 60 so Diamond members were able to use Cloud 9 for our sailing.

This was the calmest sailing we ever had and many days the sea was like a lake. All in all we had a wonderful time as always.[/QUOT

where there any Pinnacles on that cruise ? if so, how many and who was the highest ???

Would any of these shows be appropriate or not be appropriate for a five and eight year old?

I don't want to drag them to too many shows but I thought they may enjoy seeing a show or two. If appropriate of course.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Would any of these shows be appropriate or not be appropriate for a five and eight year old?

I don't want to drag them to too many shows but I thought they may enjoy seeing a show or two. If appropriate of course.

Thanks!

The Quest and any late night comedy shows would be inappropriate for children. Everything else would be fine.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I would also add the Love & Marriage game which is not appropriate for children those ages.

I was also on the May 22nd cruise' date=' The Murder Mystery Dinner was on the St. Maarten night (Day 5). Great Cruise![/quote']

Thank you for the info. Did you book pre-cruise? We are on a 9 night to NE/Canada. Night 5 is perfect so I hope they offer it on our cruise and on that night.

Thank you for the info. Did you book pre-cruise? We are on a 9 night to NE/Canada. Night 5 is perfect so I hope they offer it on our cruise and on that night.

Another one on this cruise lol.

We booked it when we got on the ship. We enjoyed it! The food was good. The wine was ok but I am a wine snob lol.

Another one on this cruise lol.

We booked it when we got on the ship. We enjoyed it! The food was good. The wine was ok but I am a wine snob lol.

That is good to know that it can be booked on board. I am not a wine snob so I will probably be happy with anything they serve. Thank you for providing the info.

Yes, it was a great trip! So many great memories!

I will see if I can scan and post the compasses once I get back to work. The scanner is better there than mine :)

kfleck76,

Sorry for being impatient, but was wondering if you had, or think you might still have the opportunity to scan and posted the cruise compasses from your trip? If you are unable to do this, can you let us know which days were casual dining? Semi-formal? Formal nights?

Also, was wondering if you purchased any of the drink packages, and if so, how do you feel it worked out for you? How was the service in the MDR, bars etc. surrounding drinks you may have ordered?

In Bermuda, did you get to go through the Crystal Caves?

No, we did a bus tour of the whole island, so we didn't have time to do anything else. Something I would definitely like to check out in the future!

kfleck76,

Sorry for being impatient, but was wondering if you had, or think you might still have the opportunity to scan and posted the cruise compasses from your trip? If you are unable to do this, can you let us know which days were casual dining? Semi-formal? Formal nights?

Also, was wondering if you purchased any of the drink packages, and if so, how do you feel it worked out for you? How was the service in the MDR, bars etc. surrounding drinks you may have ordered?

It's OK, I understand. I apologize, but I won't be able to tie up the scanner at work long enough to scan them in. Gotta keep the boss happy ;)

Formal nights were Night 2 (Sea Day) and Night 8 (Sea Day). Night 8 was Lobster night in the MDR. The rest were all Casual nights, as they didn't have any Smart Casual nights this time. Not sure why.

I didn't purchase any drink packages. The main reason is because I am afraid I won't get my money's worth. Especially on port days.

Service in the MDR was pretty good. We had good waiters, and overall we were happy. I had drinks in the Solarium, Aquarium bar and the Crown and Kettle Pub. Service each time was great, and I wanted a Pina Colada when we sat outside of the Crown and Kettle Pub, and that isn't on their menu. The server was more than willing to offer to get them from the other bar across the Promenade (the sports one.. can't remember the name). Every drink I had was good, too. I tend to go for the fruity drinks, like Pina Coladas, Mojitos, etc.

Please feel free to ask any other questions I can answer from the Compass. I apologize again for not being able to scan them.

I completely understand. It's a lot for us to ask of you (to scan all your cruise compasses). Thanks for sharing all the other information. Interesting that there was no smart casual night. I wonder if this is the norm now, or if your sailing was an exception.

All of your information is so helpful. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi i was on this same cruise and wanted to address your question on the drink package. First let me say we did not get it - we are primarily beer drinkers with occasional wine at dinner. Because of the 4 port days and because we can bring 2 bottles on board we didnt get it. I did the calculation when we got back and we pretty much broke even. We did get some frozen drinks that would not have been included. We probably would have drank more if we got the package - if we were going on a 7 night without mutliple port stops i would get the package. We had a great cruise and love this ship and crew.

Edited by Candeegirl_001

Thanks for sharing this, Candeegirl.

We are on the fence still about a drink package. We are considering the Premium package because of all it offers, but the main reason we haven't done it yet is the cost. I'm afraid I'm always going to have this on the back of my mind, and drink way more that I should just to feel like I've gotten my monies worth. Still undecided.

How well does the Coke machine work on board? It seems like it dispenses a good variety of soft drinks, not just soda. Anyone try it?

Just thought of another question (actually, credit goes to my wife)... were there any theme nights on your sailing, especially ones where passengers dressed up? For example, 70's night, Hawaiian night, etc. If so, were many guests into, or just a few?

I completely understand. It's a lot for us to ask of you (to scan all your cruise compasses). Thanks for sharing all the other information. Interesting that there was no smart casual night. I wonder if this is the norm now, or if your sailing was an exception.

All of your information is so helpful. Thanks again.

Thanks for understanding. I was hoping I could scan them at work but it just didn't work out.

No smart casual night surprised me, too. The cruise I was on in November still had smart casual night, so not sure what to think.

Just thought of another question (actually, credit goes to my wife)... were there any theme nights on your sailing, especially ones where passengers dressed up? For example, 70's night, Hawaiian night, etc. If so, were many guests into, or just a few?

Yes, they had 70's night in the Royal Promenade and it was packed!! You could hardly get around because so many participated. I'm not sure about the dress, but I did see some that were. I couldn't get close to where the main activity was to see if lots were dressed. Thy also had a GLOW party one night, and it seemed to have a good turnout. You were to wear white and it was in the dark. A lot danced but a lot sat and watched too. They sell glow items, like glasses, necklaces, etc, but not everyone purchased items. They sold them in packages, and I thought they were a little pricey.

Thanks for the info (again) kfleck!! I'm going to share this info on the meet and mingle board for our trip. With your heads up, my wife is going to stop at Walmart now and pick up some glow items to bring on board.

Thanks for the info (again) kfleck!! I'm going to share this info on the meet and mingle board for our trip. With your heads up, my wife is going to stop at Walmart now and pick up some glow items to bring on board.

You're welcome! Glad to help!

kfleck,

I have another one for you. Do you know if there is an extra charge if you order regular brewed coffee at the Cafe Promenade? I know they have Seattle's Best coffee there, and I'm wondering if I'd be able to grab a cup of coffee from there without being charged extra, or if I have to go somewhere else on the ship for a regular cup of coffee. I'm not referring to specialty coffees, like lattes or espressos, etc.

Thanks.

Yes, they had 70's night in the Royal Promenade and it was packed!! You could hardly get around because so many participated. I'm not sure about the dress, but I did see some that were. I couldn't get close to where the main activity was to see if lots were dressed. Thy also had a GLOW party one night, and it seemed to have a good turnout. You were to wear white and it was in the dark. A lot danced but a lot sat and watched too. They sell glow items, like glasses, necklaces, etc, but not everyone purchased items. They sold them in packages, and I thought they were a little pricey.

Thanks for all the great information. We depart in a little over a week for the same itinerary and appreciate your insights.