Why the ? about who is going to be Capt, CD, HD, etc.

pv girl

Thanks Copper- too bad we will be on the July 27th sailing too early from your intel. But I've still got the Lido and the MDR covered! I hope....

Sounds like you've got 'em covered like a blanket! ;) Enjoy that voyage!

I'll be straight up. I've never dined with officers on any of my cruises or can call any friends. If you can great, it means that it adds to your cruise experience and I'm happy for you....truly. A friend is a friend.

Eurodam:

For me I am excited to see a girl in the international station in the Lido that I can ask what are you making me for lunch. We have fun with that- I show up and she asks what I want and I ask what she is giving me- she is so delightful. I say make it like you'd eat it and she says you got it. I've never had a bad one and she hugs me each time she sees me.

As did the dining room attendant that terrorized me every evening . I don't have a sweet tooth but he made a point to <quote> help me with my dessert choices and tell me if I wanted ice cream I could dine in the Lido- now choose again! I loved the guy and he carried on the joke on a subsequent cruise even though we were not seated in his section.

Bingo, Sammy. So much of the time it is the DR waiters who make our cruise what it is. They and the DRM and his assistants are the highlight of our day.

Just a curious question - seems the frequent posters are asking about who is going to be the Captain, HD, CD, piano player, etc. on their upcoming cruises. Why is this important to them? And most important - Would the answer cause them to change an already booked cruise? I know some have favorite Captains, CDs, but if a favorite was not on a planned trip, would it really matter? Please enlighten me as I tend to avoid reading those threads. Am I missing something?

Because many of us have no life and spend countless hours on cruise critic?:(

Copper:

Any idea what Captain Jack is doing these days? We've had him several times, the last as a relief Captain.

Thanks

Captain Jack van Coevorden officialy retired in December 2008, then helped out the company by filling in as Captain when/where needed for close to a year. As S7S stated, he's been leading the good life ever since

Edited by Copper10-8

Captain Jack van Coevorden officialy retired in December 2008, then helped out the company by filling in as Captain when/where needed for close to a year. As S7S stated, he's been leading the good life ever since

Thanks a lot, Copper.

Good question OP. IMO, and as some have already stated, they have become true friends with various crew members, generally because they spend enough time cruising and get to spend enough time to truly get to know each other over the years.

Other folks, well, they like to think they are friends with various crew members. (Hint to those folks - if you don't have their personal email and/or cell, then they are doing their job on board, which is....wait for it....being friendly in the hospitality industry. That involves smiling, laughing, telling jokes, asking how your day is going, being your 'friend' on board, etc, etc). Afterall, they want you to come back. That's what hospitality is all about, making you feel at home and among friends & family.

Yet other folks, such as myself, don't give a rats fuzzy behind, haha. I am not there to make lifelong friends with crew members. I am there for vacation and to learn and explore. If, by some fluke, I develop a friendship over x number of years, it's icing on the cake. Otherwise, I see it for what it is - them making my trip enjoyable and pleasant. Which should be what we all should want in the end. :)

Love your post