Why the ? about who is going to be Capt, CD, HD, etc.

pv girl

I am sure this poster is just a curious person. One who likes mysteries solved. Nothing wrong with that and it is a good way to see the other side, learn something and become broad-minded.

Not sure why you think it "bothers" this poster.

Thank you for this response. 2 posters didn't answer the question - just slammed me for asking it. So they could take their own advice - if they don't want to answer a question or think it is a dumb question or not a legitimate cruise question, just ignore it - better than being .....!

Thank you also to the folks who did give some thought-provoking answers. Our experiences with crew members have been mixed - some outstanding and some we don't remember, but none that would prevent us from booking a cruise we wanted. While the onboard experience can impact the total enjoyment of a cruise, we travel for the port stops, and the rest just falls in place. Some trips are better than others, but all are good, and an escape from real life. I am a little OCD in planning trips, but haven't gotten into the details of who is running the ship as a stage in planning - yet.

I also could care less who the captain is or the CD, HD, etc, but if a server named Josie is onboard I would love to know that! She is an outstand worker. We met her on a 30 day hawaii/Tahiti cruise. Hard worker and she always remembered the drinks for all six of us. Then my sis and I were on another cruise and she was working on board. Caught up with all the news from our lives. Then last year on the last day of our cruise on the Veendam I was coming out of my cabin and I saw someone down the hall. She got closer and closer and I yelled "Josie" and she yelled "Miss Helen"! What a great reunion! We arranged a time later that night to meet up so she could see my sister. It was so great to meet her and hear about her kids and told her about my son's wedding. I hope our paths cross again!

So if you are ever on a ship and a server named Josie (she if from the Phillipines) is there tell her hello from me.

Thank you for this response. 2 posters didn't answer the question - just slammed me for asking it. So they could take their own advice - if they don't want to answer a question or think it is a dumb question or not a legitimate cruise question, just ignore it - better than being .....!

Thank you also to the folks who did give some thought-provoking answers. Our experiences with crew members have been mixed - some outstanding and some we don't remember, but none that would prevent us from booking a cruise we wanted. While the onboard experience can impact the total enjoyment of a cruise, we travel for the port stops, and the rest just falls in place. Some trips are better than others, but all are good, and an escape from real life. I am a little OCD in planning trips, but haven't gotten into the details of who is running the ship as a stage in planning - yet.

Don't hesitate to post :D Just bypass the posts that you don't care for and read the ones that answer your question.

IMO - there is no such thing as a stupid or illegitimate cruise question.

Nothing wrong with asking.

Don't hesitate to post :D Just bypass the posts that you don't care for and read the ones that answer your question.

IMO - there is no such thing as a stupid or illegitimate cruise question.

Nothing wrong with asking.

Perfect! :)

I also could care less who the captain is or the CD, HD, etc, but if a server named Josie is onboard I would love to know that! She is an outstand worker. We met her on a 30 day hawaii/Tahiti cruise. Hard worker and she always remembered the drinks for all six of us. Then my sis and I were on another cruise and she was working on board. Caught up with all the news from our lives. Then last year on the last day of our cruise on the Veendam I was coming out of my cabin and I saw someone down the hall. She got closer and closer and I yelled "Josie" and she yelled "Miss Helen"! What a great reunion! We arranged a time later that night to meet up so she could see my sister. It was so great to meet her and hear about her kids and told her about my son's wedding. I hope our paths cross again!

So if you are ever on a ship and a server named Josie (she if from the Phillipines) is there tell her hello from me.

FYI - Beverage Attd Josephine "Josie" Q is still on VEDM until Aug

I don't worry in advance as to who is going to be on staff, but it is a pleasant surprise when we run into the same folks on later cruises. We had a wine steward whose name escapes me who was on a later cruise (she referred to herself as our "boozer") and it was a delight to have her serve us a second time. On a cruise we had several years ago with my DW's siblings and their husbands and her parents, we had a MDR steward named Hari, and when we were back on a HAL ship three years ago with our sons, we discovered Hari was working and actually changed our dinner arrangements so that we could have him again.

FYI - Beverage Attd Josephine "Josie" Q is still on VEDM until Aug

Thank you very much. We just loved her. She (and some others on our Hawaii/Tahiti) really made a big difference in our trip!

Don't worry. I couldn't understand it either. I wouldn't remember their names anyway. I have enough trouble remembering names of real friends and acquaintances:cool:

I really don't care who the Capt, HM, CD, etc are. I know, though, that for many, a good CD can make a good cruise better.

As an aside, it makes me uncomfortable seeing the name and location of a female crew member posted on a public forum. (Many years ago I had a stalker, and that sensitivity and desire for caution never leaves a person who has been stalked)

anybody know who my steward and dining room staff will be? and the bestest bartender - I'll want an Italian margarita on the rocks please

or a spicy cucumber martini

Let's see if we can arrange for an Italian Margarita to be ready and waiting for you in Ocean Bar when you board. ;)

Let us know how it goes. :)

Captain Jack is fully retired. :)

He was the first HAL Captain with whom we sailed and it was on Noordam III. :)

We sailed with him a number of times through the years.

I don't care about the Captain, Hotel Director or Cruise Director. They play no part in my enjoyment of the cruise.

But Andres, (the 14th laundry technician) is very important. I only book a cruise if he will be handling my laundry. He is so good at folding my boxers that my cruise would be ruined without him!:D

Let's see if we can arrange for an Italian Margarita to be ready and waiting for you in Ocean Bar when you board. ;)

Let us know how it goes. :)

Thank you! That's the first place on the to do list - because under all this pre-cruise excitement is a leetle bit of anxiety :o

I'll be straight up. I've never dined with officers on any of my cruises or can call any friends. If you can great, it means that it adds to your cruise experience and I'm happy for you....truly. A friend is a friend.

Eurodam:

For me I am excited to see a girl in the international station in the Lido that I can ask what are you making me for lunch. We have fun with that- I show up and she asks what I want and I ask what she is giving me- she is so delightful. I say make it like you'd eat it and she says you got it. I've never had a bad one and she hugs me each time she sees me.

As did the dining room attendant that terrorized me every evening . I don't have a sweet tooth but he made a point to <quote> help me with my dessert choices and tell me if I wanted ice cream I could dine in the Lido- now choose again! I loved the guy and he carried on the joke on a subsequent cruise even though we were not seated in his section.

Last summer we had an unexpected surprise and Captain Henk formerly of the Westerdam was our Captain. Did I like it? Hell yeah! Am I interested if he's our Captain this summer on the E-Dam- Hell yeah! I just like the guy without being his buddy. It won't break my cruise but it will add to it.

So to me the HD hasn't been a factor but yes some crew members stand out to me. So does Captain Henk.

I'll be straight up. I've never dined with officers on any of my cruises or can call any friends. If you can great, it means that it adds to your cruise experience and I'm happy for you....truly. A friend is a friend.

Eurodam:

For me I am excited to see a girl in the international station in the Lido that I can ask what are you making me for lunch. We have fun with that- I show up and she asks what I want and I ask what she is giving me- she is so delightful. I say make it like you'd eat it and she says you got it. I've never had a bad one and she hugs me each time she sees me.

As did the dining room attendant that terrorized me every evening . I don't have a sweet tooth but he made a point to <quote> help me with my dessert choices and tell me if I wanted ice cream I could dine in the Lido- now choose again! I loved the guy and he carried on the joke on a subsequent cruise even though we were not seated in his section.

Last summer we had an unexpected surprise and Captain Henk formerly of the Westerdam was our Captain. Did I like it? Hell yeah! Am I interested if he's our Captain this summer on the E-Dam- Hell yeah! I just like the guy without being his buddy. It won't break my cruise but it will add to it.

So to me the HD hasn't been a factor but yes some crew members stand out to me. So does Captain Henk.

Capt. Henk Keijer will be back on EUDM late Aug