Emerald Princess-port of Houston

Disneycruisers

We are going on the Emerald Nov 11th and I found that none of the hotels will shuttle you to the ship but will let you park your car at their hotel while you are gone. There is a company called Houston travelzone that offers shuttles from all the areas hotels and it is 20 pp roundtrip. website is houstontravelzone.com the ladys name is Sherry very nice.

We are going on the Emerald Nov 11th and I found that none of the hotels will shuttle you to the ship but will let you park your car at their hotel while you are gone. There is a company called Houston travelzone that offers shuttles from all the areas hotels and it is 20 pp roundtrip. website is houstontravelzone.com the ladys name is Sherry very nice.

$20 Per person sounds a little high to me, for just a shuttle to the port, parking can't be that much higher for only 5 days I wouldn't think......think I will just park at the port, but we will be splitting the price with another couple so shouldn't be bad for us at all!

$20 Per person sounds a little high to me, for just a shuttle to the port, parking can't be that much higher for only 5 days I wouldn't think......think I will just park at the port, but we will be splitting the price with another couple so shouldn't be bad for us at all!

i belive the parking at the port is anywhere between 70-80 dollars.

From Kansas City? What kind of hints?

We live in Lansing and got a great deal from Southwest for 2 from KC to Houston (Hobby) - during December.

We thought about driving until we saw the price. Of course, if there are more than two of you, that is a factor.

We have booked the Emerald for Nov. 30. Wasn't having much luck with a hotel and shuttle service. We are flying in the day before, staying at the Marriott (I believe). It has a shuttle to and from Hobby Airport which is no charge. We just booked to use the Princess shuttle which is $24 per person and will just get the hotel shuttle to take us back to the airport in the morning. Used same shuttle service for return trip. Hopefully we will have good weather. Other than my living in in Texas outside of Houston from 1977 to 1981, I haven't been back there and at that time I was in elementary school.

Hey Rick!.....how is going with y'all?.......I believe that is for 7 day cruise, has to be less for the 5 day.

I just found out for the five night it is 45.00

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Forums mobile app

I just found out for the five night it is 45.00

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Forums mobile app

Be sure and print off the paid parking receipt as it will make it much easier to park and prove you paid for it. They just took our print out where we paid and let us park.

There is a Comfort Inn about 1 mile from the port and the closest hotel. They provide free transportation to/from the port and allow cruisers to leave their cars while on the ship.

Offered a couple of times on sea days, it is a no-charge lunch with a menu based on what an English pub would serve for food. Beverages are with a cost.

Interesting...so is this like fish and chips? not really sure what kind of food would be served in an English pub. Any examples?

Interesting...so is this like fish and chips? not really sure what kind of food would be served in an English pub. Any examples?

Fish and chips

Bangers and mash

Ploughman's lunch

Steak and kidney pie

Bread and butter pudding

(above is one of the two menus offered)

The Pub Lunches have been a highlight of our 2 Princess cruises. If you like pub food, which I do, you'll enjoy this lunch. We found the food well-prepared and since the menu is limited, the food is served really quickly.

We were on the Caribbean Princess out of Bayport last January. Cruise before had fog problems, ours was just fine. No problems, great ship and we are going again next Jan 18. I don't even care about the ports being the same. It is the ship I want to sail on and the price is great. Port of Houston is very convenient if you drive there, and Disabled Vets get FREE parking on site. They even park you front row if needed. Easy in-Easy out, great facility in my opinion. If you are driving and come in from the North, get of on the Hardy Toll road Southbound to the 8 going toward Kemah. It will cost a couple dollars more, but you will ZIP around most of the traffic for Houston. If possible, avoid going in or through Houston itself. Traffic can REALLY be the pits. JMHO.

Edited by CharlesOK
Added more info on driving route

• 2 weeks later...

The Port of Houston is very close to the Johnson Space Center which I have enjoyed visiting more than once. If you have an interest in space travel--go!

If you have an interest in naval history, the battleship, U.S.S. Texas, is also located near the Port of Houston.

There are also a number of museums in Houston worth a visit--the Houston Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Fine Arts are both excellent.

Let us know if you have any special interests and we can advise further as to things to see/do.

Edited by GradUT

The local visitors bureau for the bay port Houston area has a listing of hotels with cruise specials and might have parking included. Another poster mentioned the first hotel on the list (Comfort Inn) has a parking and shuttle combo. http://www.visitbayareahouston.com/Cruising/Pre-and-Post-Cruise-Stay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be sure and print off the paid parking receipt as it will make it much easier to park and prove you paid for it. They just took our print out where we paid and let us park.

There is a Comfort Inn about 1 mile from the port and the closest hotel. They provide free transportation to/from the port and allow cruisers to leave their cars while on the ship.

The Comfort Suites La Porte apparently used to provide free shuttle service, but according to Tripadvisor reviews, no more. One guest said they helped arrange a shuttle (for their party of four) for $8 per person, and they took a taxi back to the hotel for $20. So that comes to $52, plus if you tip the taxi driver and shuttle driver figure $58.

I think I'd rather pay the extra $17 and park at the cruise terminal so that I can go straight to my car on disembarking without a lot of back and forth.

Edited by Mississippian

The Port of Houston is very close to the Johnson Space Center which I have enjoyed visiting more than once. If you have an interest in space travel--go!

If you have an interest in naval history, the battleship, U.S.S. Texas, is also located near the Port of Houston.

QUOTE]

We've picked a hotel that is really cheep with Hilton points and I think that parking at the port makes sense with how much shuttles cost for 4 two ways. Do they actually sell out of spaces? We went to a battleship in North Carolina and the kids loved it so I think we might do that depending on when we get in from driving the day before and when we want to go wait to embark.