Iceland Shore Excursions

With no roll call for our upcoming cruise to Norway/Iceland on the Oriana I've had to do a lot of extra searching for advice on 'what to do'. People on this part of Cruise Critic seem to have been particularly helpful and I just wanted to add what I have found so far. Some bits of advice are from others and this is one of them:

I like the sound of doing the Golden Circle Tour with this firm

http://www.igtours.is/eng/

partly because they take into consideration the restriction of time if you are from a cruise ship and partly because of the price which is nearly half that of P&O!!!

Before I put my name down (pay on the day) I wondered how many people had used them and what they thought.

I like the sound of doing the Golden Circle Tour with this firm

http://www.igtours.is/eng/

partly because they take into consideration the restriction of time if you are from a cruise ship and partly because of the price which is nearly half that of P&O!!!

Maybe also compare price of rental car - I did the tour by car.

Some short videos from the Golden Circle Tour:

-

-

-

And if time permits:

Maybe also compare price of rental car - I did the tour by car.

Some short videos from the Golden Circle Tour:

-

-

-

And if time permits:

how much did it cost to hire a car? It has its attractions as you are in charge and not hanging about waiting for others. What about finding your way around, what about knowing what you are looking at (tours have guides), how easy is the driving, etc, etc.

lots of questions I know, but you posed the suggestion :D

how much did it cost to hire a car? It has its attractions as you are in charge and not hanging about waiting for others. What about finding your way around, what about knowing what you are looking at (tours have guides), how easy is the driving, etc, etc.

lots of questions I know, but you posed the suggestion :D

Price will be USD 100 to 120 - depending on time and type of car.

You need to do some reading but this ia an easy job - Thingvellir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss - This is what you will see! Sure - a guide will tell you a lot about Iceland and the history

Not that many roads in Iceland and easy to find you way and easy to drive - good roads and few cars.