Smoking on Port side of ship

papaflamingo

Has anyone had a problem on any balcony on the 12 deck from smokers? We are booked in 2165 on Reflection and someone posted the question of smoke from the pool deck drifting to the balcony. 2165 is last hump cabin port side. Any input?

On the S class ship smoking takes place on the starboard side opposite the pool grill. The Grill is on the port side and smokers are moved to starboard.

Smokers are at the Mast Bar.. Check out a deck plan to see the location.

http://travel.travelocity.ca/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do;jsessionid=F8395D286F0DBDD42808B0A0CB11324A.pwbap006a?shipId=255&deckId=Deck%2014

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

On Eclipse a week ago, first time in a port side cabin deck 8 on the flat side of the hump.

Thought we would be safe from cigarette smells that high up, but smoke from the front smoking area on deck 5 wafted along the promenade deck and upwards.

The smoking directly below was less of an issue apart from inconsiderate smokers who leant over the railings, presumably flicking their ash on the floor or over the side.

Must have been very unpleasant on those balconies directly above the smoking areas.

Would not book a port side balcony ever again. Considering how few smokers were using the smoking areas, my opinion is that the number of other passengers who could have been inconvenienced was way out of proportion.

On the S class ship smoking takes place on the starboard side opposite the pool grill. The Grill is on the port side and smokers are moved to starboard.

Smokers are at the Mast Bar.. Check out a deck plan to see the location.

http://travel.travelocity.ca/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do;jsessionid=F8395D286F0DBDD42808B0A0CB11324A.pwbap006a?shipId=255&deckId=Deck%2014

Thanks for the info, but looking at Reflection deck plans it looks like the pool deck is a different configuration. It doesn't appear to have a Mast Grill, but on the starboard side has a Sundries Shop. Do you know if the smoking side is still starboard or have they moved it to port. Either way, has anyone actually experienced smoke drifting down from the pool deck to the balconies below?

Thanks for the info, but looking at Reflection deck plans it looks like the pool deck is a different configuration. It doesn't appear to have a Mast Grill, but on the starboard side has a Sundries Shop. Do you know if the smoking side is still starboard or have they moved it to port. Either way, has anyone actually experienced smoke drifting down from the pool deck to the balconies below?

It is my understanding that smoking is only allowed on the port side. We have booked starboard for that reason. If this has changed, I need to know :eek:

The designated deck 5 smoking side is the port side, HOWEVER, you should know that it might change to the starboard side temporarily if the weather conditions warrant it, or if the ship is taking on fuel in a port, or if there are maintenance issues on the port side.

It would take unusual atmospheric conditions for smoke to move downward. It usually rises

I beg to differ... smoke always moves towards the non-smoker, even in hurricanes, blizzards, Arctic Vortex, Nor'easters. ;) ;)

you're right on RF

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Celebrity%20Reflection

It is my understanding that smoking is only allowed on the port side. We have booked starboard for that reason. If this has changed, I need to know :eek:

Not to worry! The only starboard side smoking is the Mast Bar and that is on Deck 14 (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette) - Deck 15 on Reflection.

I beg to differ... smoke always moves towards the non-smoker, even in hurricanes, blizzards, Arctic Vortex, Nor'easters. ;) ;)

Unfortunately true. :)

But I assume that the pool deck is a smoking deck. Is that the case? Or is it deck 15 above the pool deck?