I need advice if I should rebook? please help!! :)

kittercat85

Hi everyone,

We are going on an Alaskan cruise this summer for our honeymoon and right now we are 76 days out. I made my final payment yesterday, but today is the last day for payment. I believe reservations are fully refundable until tomorrow when it would be 75 days out like listed on their website, correct?

My issue is this - I booked the cruise way back and now I'm looking at the prices again and they have greatly dropped. I originally went with an interior room because we really can't afford much more. (I know, I know, I would love a balcony and everything but we're young and can't afford that) Well now the price for the room we are in (an L) is $552 cheaper than what I just paid. For what I paid, is now in the D's of Ocean View.

Should I try calling HAL? What would my options be? Do I need to cancel and rebook today? I'm not sure if I should try and get an ocean view now since that's comparable to what I already paid, or try and stay in the same room type and save a considerable amount.

Thank you for your help :)

I did book directly through HAL. I will give them a call. Has anyone ever done anything like this?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should try and get the Ocean View or stay with an interior and possibly save money. I've been on 2 HAL cruises when I was younger, we had ocean view but just a porthole. My husband has never been on a cruise but doesn't really have a strong opinion either way.

Thank you for the replies.

I did book directly through HAL. I will give them a call. Has anyone ever done anything like this?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should try and get the Ocean View or stay with an interior and possibly save money. I've been on 2 HAL cruises when I was younger, we had ocean view but just a porthole. My husband has never been on a cruise but doesn't really have a strong opinion either way.

If you are still eligible to cancel and rebook, I would certainly tell HAL that's what you want to do and I'm sure they will accommodate you with the lower price. Its no big deal and they have done that for me in the past although I can't recall the exact circumstances.

Nobody can really advise you on whether to upgrade to an ocean view as this is a very personal choice. If you or your husband doesn't see this as a priority, then use the extra cash as you see fit.

Let us know how it turns out.

If you are not convinced either way, I would stay with the inside and pocket the money. Remember, you may be able to upgrade to an ocean view later for a lower amount, especially if prices drop again. Also, you might even get a free upgrade at some point if the cruise is not selling well.

DaveOKC

Continue to watch for sales. When you call (and you should if they drop) if you have a beverage package you may have to give that up. Since we are non-drinkers that was a no-brainer for us as price was less but try to get what is on sale now ($50 bev card). Also try to get the max on board credit (OBC) as that may cover your hotel (tips) charge at the end. Little higher fare with big OBC = big savings.

Best of luck.

Sightcrr

Edited by SightCRR
missed posted results

Thank you so much again for the replies.

I called and spoke with a really nice agent and she did a refare for me. I'm glad I looked at this today and not tomorrow! Thanks again.

Don't be afraid to continue to watch prices until your cruise even after full payment. We've had two price drops on ours since final payment. The first time we checked into it we were offered an upsell to the cabin we actually wanted for a very reasonable price.

The second time (just last week) we were also offered an upgrade to a different cabin, but we didn't want that, and instead we were offered $50 pp in OBC. The actual price drop has been about $250 pp since final booking and we haven't received that amount, but $100 in OBC and a cabin upgrade is nothing to sneeze at and we're quite happy with it.

I've heard of it happening frequently enough that it's always worth asking.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials, may married life be magical for you.

Thanks everyone!

Krazy Kruizers - yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking! :)

Thank for the extra advice SightCRR and Fog123. I will keep checking on things and see what happens.

Fog123 - that sounds wonderful, you definitely got a great deal. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!