Question about booking online during WOW sale?

Im looking at booking Freedom of the Seas Western for September 2015.

The 100.00 OBC shows up in the Summary of Charges but when I go to pay, it still wants 500.00 for deposit instead of the "reduced deposit" of 250.00.

Do you have to call to get the reduced deposit or something?

Edited by ryano

The 100.00 OBC shows up in the Summary of Charges but when I go to pay, it still wants 500.00 for deposit instead of the "reduced deposit" of 250.00.

Yes, they still have not programmed the website to accept less than full deposits. I'd do a courtesy hold and then call to pay. Less time on the phone that way.

Website says "book any cruise sailing in June & July"

Your sailing is September 2015....maybe that's why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by vacation_junkie

Yes, they still have not programmed the website to accept less than full deposits. I'd do a courtesy hold and then call to pay. Less time on the phone that way.

ditto, to what he said....just ten minutes ago I did the same thing....wanted to lock up my cabin, so as it wouldn't disappear, easy:D

Website says "book any cruise sailing in June & July"

Your sailing is September 2015....maybe that's why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The September 2015 cruise was definitely included in the WOW sale. Like I said, the 100.00 OBC shows up just fine under Summary of charges but when I went to pay it wanted the full 500.00 deposit.

Bob says its a website problem. I trust him :)

Edited by ryano

Same thing happened to me, so I put a hold on the cabin I wanted and called RCI the next morning as soon as they opened up and only had to wait a couple of minutes.

I asked up front if this cruise would be a reduced deposit of $250. and she said yes.

The September 2015 cruise was definitely included in the WOW sale. Like I said, the 100.00 OBC shows up just fine under Summary of charges but when I went to pay it wanted the full 500.00 deposit.

Bob says its a website problem. I trust him :)

The reason why I questioned it was because the RCCL site says this

Take advantage of our biggest sale of the year. Book any cruise sailing in June and July during our 4-day WOW Sale, and receive up to $200* to spend on just about anything, plus get a 50% reduced deposit.

Escape to a tropical summer getaway with the Caribbean's best cruise line†. Jet set to the Mediterranean and discover Europe's rich history. Or experience the exotic flavors and centuries-old temples of Asia. Choose anywhere in the world to explore. Only on Royal. Destination WOW.