Norwegian Getaway going back to port in St. Maarten

Gaprofitt

Could of been a medical emergency? I was in the Independence of the Seas last

month. We were almost 4 hours out of St. Maarten, when the captain announce

We were sailing back for a medical emergency. I stayed up in the Viking

Crown lounge till we sailed back. We were docked for maybe 15 minutes

And off we went.

I was onboard watching from my balcony. We did figure-eight loops for about two hours. Very similar to maneuvers done on sea trials to test equipment. I'm certain that they were calibrating navigational aids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was onboard watching from my balcony. We did figure-eight loops for about two hours. Very similar to maneuvers done on sea trials to test equipment. I'm certain that they were calibrating navigational aids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did someone jump?

Hey All,

I was on Carnival Breeze last week and in St. Maarten it looked like the Getaway went back to port after leaving ahead of us. What happened?

I was on the Getaway two weeks ago. Leaving St. Marteen at dusk, the ship sailed a trip off shore in one direction, us looking at all the very pretty lights on shore with the sun setting. The the ship reversed course and took us to the other end of the island, past the airport (Or was it the other way around). Anyhow, the mojito bar tender where we were sitting and enjoying said they do slow figure eights sometimes just to sight see and kill time. The distance up to St. Thomas is short, so plenty of time until next docking there. Maybe that was it.

• 3 weeks later...
I was on the Getaway two weeks ago. Leaving St. Marteen at dusk, the ship sailed a trip off shore in one direction, us looking at all the very pretty lights on shore with the sun setting. The the ship reversed course and took us to the other end of the island, past the airport (Or was it the other way around). Anyhow, the mojito bar tender where we were sitting and enjoying said they do slow figure eights sometimes just to sight see and kill time. The distance up to St. Thomas is short, so plenty of time until next docking there. Maybe that was it.

Can you tell me if they dock the same place Carnival does by water taxie

At the risk of changing the subject back to the OP's topic, roger001 I think you are correct.

We had made an early reservation for La Cucina and were sitting at the big bow windows on the Epic as we left St Martin. It was quiet so we could easily hear when the Captain came on the intercom to advise passengers not to be alarmed as the ship would soon make a complete stop and not to be concerned as nothing was wrong. We did indeed stop, far off shore, and we were still sitting there when we finished dessert. Not sure when we started moving again. It must be a routine thing for St Martin and a way to save on fuel rather than make circles at sea to kill time. I seem to remember we did the same thing on our Getaway cruise, but my memory is foggy. Maybe we were at the Mojito Bar too.:)

OK guys, now you can critique my grammar errors, if any.