Does anyone else Hate all the noise on the Lido??

marshhawk

I think the type of music also can create a happy time too. Everyone cruising in the Caribbean wants calypso, or reggae, something that makes you want a cold coconut drink,and want to stay by the pool. But when it is too loud, you will bypass that area, go find another quieter venue, and chill out. The choice of music doesn't match the majority of the paying customers choice of music, and perhaps that's what makes it sound sooooo LOUD!

I don't understand people's complaints with the music being loud at the lido pool. Most if not all ships have an adults only area that's quite peaceful. How hard is it to find a quiet place? Not hard at all!

I don't understand people's complaints with the music being loud at the lido pool. Most if not all ships have an adults only area that's quite peaceful. How hard is it to find a quiet place? Not hard at all!

Because we are not looking for a serene quiet place. We just want to be able to talk when on the lido deck by the pool, etc. MANY of us who think it is too loud are NOT looking for quiet, just not deafeningly loud.

Besides the fact that my kids are with me.

Edited by Hitech_AO

There is good time loud, and then there is distortion level, ear damage loud. Come on...

Our issue is that we like being on the pool deck, it's close to food and drink, a bit enclosed/shaded, and there are tables large enough for us to play cards. However, the music and shouting is so loud, we can't talk to each other.

The adult only areas are peaceful, I'll give you that, but there aren't large tables and food is a bit more of a walk.

We don't mind background sort of music, but the DJ, plus the hairy chest contests, etc are off-putting for a nice pastime on deck.

I do find the Lido deck ' noise ' level loud in general on some of the Carnival ships I have been on... but the FREEDOM is hands down the loudest I have been on ( twice - never again) . The speakers point across the Lido to the Serenity area also. You have to go pretty far forward or head aft to be able to hold a conversation. Going back to the spirit class ships this year.

Edited by 5000

Loud is not by chance. You know they have studied the behavior of the customer base. Make it loud, create "atmosphere" and you enhance the opportunity to see booze.

I like booze, I dislike rap...so I buy my drink and find a place where I do not fear the glass will shatter from the loud music.

Edited by TEXASMUNK