Tracy Arm on Princess

CruisinKiki

Has anyone done the Tracy Arm catamaran on Princess? We are scheduled to do it and it says it ends at 2, which is when the ship arrives in port. Coud we make a 2:20 with Harv and Marv or should we look for something different later in the day?

Would love to get out with Harv and Marv but am afraid this might not work. Thanks for your help!

Has anyone done the Tracy Arm catamaran on Princess? We are scheduled to do it and it says it ends at 2, which is when the ship arrives in port. Coud we make a 2:20 with Harv and Marv or should we look for something different later in the day?

Would love to get out with Harv and Marv but am afraid this might not work. Thanks for your help!

I think that is the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer - right? I am planning on booking that next year and just confirmed a whale watching tour with Harv & Marv's for 4:20pm. It will give me some time to have lunch before heading out again so I am thrilled that it worked out. They should be able to offer you the same time slot....

I am booked on the Ruby Princess and the port time for the ship is 1pm -10pm if that helps

Our experience was that one boards the tour boat from the ship when one is well into Tracy Arm and that when one returns one re-boards the ship (from its outboard side) even though it is tied up in Juneau. So you have to then re-exit the ship to go ashore. This could be fraught with more than 20 minutes of delay.

Things may be different now, and YMMV, but I wouldn't try for a 2:20 tour.

In the past few years we have cruised both Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm. IMO Tracy Arm, while having a few pretty waterfalls, has as its one key feature the glacier at the end of it. So if a trip doesn't feature that I'm not sure what the benefit of it would be - unless it goes to some special areas we did not see.

You need to ask H&M. Princess is not the vendor, Allen Marine is. I took this add on tour, 2 times over the last 3 weeks. Both times, the tour time was an estimate and both ran later.

Thanks everyone. The only time H&M have left on our day is 2:20 since we're booking for August so I think we'll go with Orca Enterprises instead since they can do a 3:00. We've used them in the past and been happy, but wanted to try to do H&M if we could.

Can't wait to get back to Alaska!

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up in case anyone who has done it recently can comment. We wound up scheduling with Weather Permitting for 2:45. Still a little nervous about the time.

Anyone done this recently? If so, please comment on the timing and if you returned directly to ship. Thanks!

We did this tour last time around in Alaska. The tour ran late by a good 30'. Our ship was docked at the furthest dock and we had to board busses for the trip into town. In the end I ran to the whale watching tour house... lost my camera in the process. Most frustrating was that I was late by 20' and still waited another 20' for the other parties to join us with our Orca tour. I suspect that if you are a few minutes late the whale tour will wait for you, YMMV.

Even though my expensive D700 was destroyed the tour was well worth add on!