Holland America to cruise out of Baltimore?

Heartsounds

I hears months ago that Carnival will no longer cruise out if Baltimore after this year,. I also heard Holland America would take their place. I have seen nothing lately and wonder if anyone has heard anything about this. Thanks!

I hears months ago that Carnival will no longer cruise out if Baltimore after this year,. I also heard Holland America would take their place. I have seen nothing lately and wonder if anyone has heard anything about this. Thanks!

Carnival will be returning in April 2015. I have not heard that any cruise line will be coming in to join Grandeur in the interim. I did hear that HAL would begin sailing out of Boston to Bermuda in 2015, but not sure if this is new port or just a new itinerary for them. Would be nice to have another choice in ships from Baltimore. I did also read that just after Carnival pulled out, the port immediately contacted Disney, but they had zero interest in sailing out of Baltimore...lol

Carnival will be returning in April 2015. I have not heard that any cruise line will be coming in to join Grandeur in the interim. I did hear that HAL would begin sailing out of Boston to Bermuda in 2015, but not sure if this is new port or just a new itinerary for them. Would be nice to have another choice in ships from Baltimore. I did also read that just after Carnival pulled out, the port immediately contacted Disney, but they had zero interest in sailing out of Baltimore...lol

I knew they were trying to replace the Pride, but I hadn't heard of DCL or HAL as the replacement options. I thought DCL ships were too big to fit under the Key Bridge so that's interesting.

They can't add more ships until they expand the port and if they do that, I see it moving to the other side of the Key Bridge, although that leaves the pesky Bay/Preston Bridge to contend with outside of Annapolis.

I knew they were trying to replace the Pride, but I hadn't heard of DCL or HAL as the replacement options. I thought DCL ships were too big to fit under the Key Bridge so that's interesting.

They can't add more ships until they expand the port and if they do that, I see it moving to the other side of the Key Bridge, although that leaves the pesky Bay/Preston Bridge to contend with outside of Annapolis.

I am not sure if they would fit or not, but I remember reading someone quoted as saying that Disney was called and they declined the offer - it could be that hey declined because their ships are too big ;).

You are right - need to expand the port to fit more ships, although it would have been nice to have a different ship in Baltimore for Nov and Dec this year :). A few holiday cruises...lol.

You are right - need to expand the port to fit more ships, although it would have been nice to have a different ship in Baltimore for Nov and Dec this year :). A few holiday cruises...lol.

Ugh--I know. I'm driving to Florida to board a ship for Thanksgiving.

Ugh--I know. I'm driving to Florida to board a ship for Thanksgiving.

I had a co-worker who drove down last year on Christmas Day to board Liberty OTS for 5 day cruise. I guess it beats flying. My wife is convinced that this will be last cruise for a while, but I am hoping I can talk her into Pride for next Thanksgiving - just wish Carnival would have a better itinerary over Thanksgiving. Which ship are you sailing on? We will be on Grandeur this year for Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We're giving Carnival Freedom a try since they just drydocked and we've never cruised out o Florida. Our niece loves the new Camp Ocean concept and Dr. Seuss, so that'll be a nice change. We're also doing a stopover in Savannah, so we can do Girl Scout things.

We were considering Christmas this year on the Splendor out of NYC, but then they pulled the ship. I'd love to cruise on the Grandeur, we just haven't been able to fit it into our schedule. I wish we had the days off of work to take the 10 day Western Carribean, c'est la vie.

We're giving Carnival Freedom a try since they just drydocked and we've never cruised out o Florida. Our niece loves the new Camp Ocean concept and Dr. Seuss, so that'll be a nice change. We're also doing a stopover in Savannah, so we can do Girl Scout things.

We were considering Christmas this year on the Splendor out of NYC, but then they pulled the ship. I'd love to cruise on the Grandeur, we just haven't been able to fit it into our schedule. I wish we had the days off of work to take the 10 day Western Carribean, c'est la vie.

I was considering Pride for Thanksgiving this year, but Grandeur had one additional day and one additional port (Key West), so it was hard to pass that up. I almost went with NCL Gem, which had 9 days and awesome itinerary, but my wife did not have enough vacation days. I have not heard about the Camp Ocean concept, but our son likes Dr. Seuss.

Enjoy your cruise! Let's hope for good weather!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I just went on Cruise Maryland website and the Crystal Serenity will sail one 11 night cruise , Nov 8, 2014 Baltimore to Miami via Aruba. I also went on Crystal's web and they confirmed it.:cool:

I saw that too, but thought that Baltimore was just a stop. I thought Crystal was sailing from NY to Miami.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

HAL was approahed by the MPA but due to logistical isuues they declined to sail out of Baltimore.

I can imagine that it would be hard to bring a ship in to fill in for Pride, as their departure was kind of abrupt. And now with Pride coming back, we will need new terminal to bring more ships in

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App