Just off Navigator May 25 - Questions? Comments?

Did the time change on the ship or did it stay on Central Daylight Savings (same as TX) the entire cruise? I noticed 2 of the ports (Roatan & Belize) don't observe DST so are an hour different and wondered if the ship-time changes or not.

Did the time change on the ship or did it stay on Central Daylight Savings (same as TX) the entire cruise? I noticed 2 of the ports (Roatan & Belize) don't observe DST so are an hour different and wondered if the ship-time changes or not.

We did not change our time but our ports were the other route, Grand Cayman, Falmouth and Coz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rohan is a wonderful person, has an incredible smile and is a chef at heart:)

He is one of two of the incredible staff we have had at our home in Galveston for me to a) give them time to put THEIR feet up b) be waited upon and c) having the pleasure of preparing dinner and serving dinner.

He came to our cabin twice to visit and soooo look forward to seeing him in January on our visit to Jamaica.

His friend, and our former cabin steward, met us in Jamaica (on vacation from RCI) with his wife and took us around to see the sights, meet his family and take us to eat real Jamaican food. Not only did they make us feel very welcome, but we felt we had known the family forever.

What a fabulous day and many, many thanks to the wonderful staff friends we have made on the Navigator.

I can't stress enough how important is to say thank you to all of those who take care of us on these cruises.

Rohan sounds wonderful. I hope we get him on our next cruise.

We haven't cruised with RCL for several years so am looking forward to it. We live in the Dallas area so can drive to Galveston which makes it convenient. Did anyone see a cabin with the virtual balcony? I'm very curious to see one.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Rohan sounds wonderful. I hope we get him on our next cruise.

We haven't cruised with RCL for several years so am looking forward to it. We live in the Dallas area so can drive to Galveston which makes it convenient. Did anyone see a cabin with the virtual balcony? I'm very curious to see one.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

My daughter's cabin on Navigator last week. Cabin 1287. It was very nice! :D

Navigatorvirtualbalcony_zps5ec69cd7.jpg

Navigatorvirtualbalcony2_zps0b0372fc.jpg

We changed our clocks BACK one hour at 4 AM on Tuesday and then FORWARD one hour at 4 AM on Friday.

We had one passenger miss the ship on Friday (Day 6 in Cozumel) and I'm wondering if he didn't realize that the time had changed. (he was brought to the ship via the Pilot boat.)

Edited by galavant3

Use Cool Tours! Excellent service, new vans, good drivers that will also tell you about the history of the area.

Disclaimer - We used Cool Tours and it was a private van for just my DW and I, which was really nice. If I recall, Super Shuttle would be a shared van but they only leave from Hobby about three times a day and we would have had to wait several hours after our flight to catch a Super Shuttle and we did not want to wait.

maitaiguy-

Not to hijack the thread, but I wanted to totally agree with you on your choice of Cool Tours for shuttle service to Galveston TX. My group used them on our 5/18 Navigator cruise, and the experience was second to none! It was wonderful to have a PRIVATE shuttle from Hobby to the hotel in Galveston, then a morning pickup to the cruise port, and finally a pickup from the ship (with lunch at Olympia Grill in between) back to the airport. I won't EVER take a shared shuttle again, where it doesn't leave until it fills up. Cool Tours is a really great transportation service.

We changed our clocks BACK one hour at 4 AM on Tuesday and then FORWARD one hour at 4 AM on Friday.

We had one passenger miss the ship on Friday (Day 6 in Cozumel) and I'm wondering if he didn't realize that the time had changed. (he was brought to the ship via the Pilot boat.)

Thanks for the info! I think this thread turned in to a mix of both current Galveston itineraries though the original post and title would be for the May 18-25 cruise including Roatan & Belize. That's the one I'm on starting this weekend and wanted to know about the time change since these 2 ports don't observe DST.

I've seen several people suggest that Windjammer is always super-crowded on embarkation day, and that you should skip it and go to the MDR. But on the dailies that a fellow CCer scanned in, it doesn't say that the MDR is open for lunch, only that you can ask the manager dining questions there. Is it a WJ only lunch day on Navigator? Is it not as bad as on some other ships? :confused:

And, for those of you on the Grand Cayman itinerary: I can only guess that the tenders were rather backed up if you got into your port on time, that RCI excursions got priority as did C&A high rewards and suite occupants, and other than that it was first come-first serve. Which has lead to asking myself is, "Is it better to do a shorter RCI excursion to get off the ship and then book something else through local providers - and would that even be plausible?" Do any of you happen to know where to look to see when the excursions are supposed to start prior to getting on the ship?

I've seen several people suggest that Windjammer is always super-crowded on embarkation day, and that you should skip it and go to the MDR. But on the dailies that a fellow CCer scanned in, it doesn't say that the MDR is open for lunch, only that you can ask the manager dining questions there. Is it a WJ only lunch day on Navigator? Is it not as bad as on some other ships? :confused:

The MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day. Promenade Cafe would be the only other choice for lunch other than Windjammer.

Thanks for the info! I think this thread turned in to a mix of both current Galveston itineraries though the original post and title would be for the May 18-25 cruise including Roatan & Belize. That's the one I'm on starting this weekend and wanted to know about the time change since these 2 ports don't observe DST.

You are correct. The time changed for those two stops on the 6/1 sailing.

We are taking this cruise later this year. First time out of Galveston and the itinerary is a little different with the two sea days first. What nights were the formal nights? My guess would be first sea day and the Cozumel day but would appreciate info from someone who has just been there. Thanks

In case anyone else needs to know this: you can download a .pdf brochure from the Royal Caribbean webside, that will indicate start times.

Both of our RCCL excursions had their times changed very recently for the 6/22 sailing. A PDF brochure might not have the most current info.

We went to Stingray City in Grand Cayman. It was our first time on the island and it was great. We booked the 'deluxe' tour, whatever that means.

RC used Marineland Tours and they were friendly and had a nice boat to transport us out to the sandbar.

I was sad to hear on CC that so many people without excursions had to wait several hours to get off the ship. We were among the first people off because we had booked through the ship.

Stingray City was a very unique experience and I recommend it to people trying to decide what to do in Grand Cayman. It is a little strange because you are a few miles offshore before getting to the sandbar where the water is only about four feet deep.

Nice trip IMO.

Forgive me if this has been asked...

Are Coke FreeStyle machines on the NOS?

Thanks!!!

No Freestyle machines, unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No Freestyle machines, unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Suzon,

How was your b2b?

We were in line with you at the Galveston Cruise Terminal on May 25th. (And on the Galveston Beach Hotel shuttle...)