Cabins that have changed categories on Oasis

I just booked connecting balconies 9586 and 9588 on the Oasis. On all of the deck plans I saw online they were listed as D2s, but when I went to book them with RC they were priced and categorized as D7s. The price difference for my cruise is a $150 per cabin/$300 total savings. The RC agent even said that his book vs. computer showed the 2 different prices so it took him a little while to sort it out also. There were several other sets of cabins that had this same category change. I mention this in part to relay this info to you experts out there who might find it useful, but also to see if anyone knows why these cabins would change from D2 to D7 - I hope nothing is wrong with them because I feel like I got a pretty good deal on them ;)

Also, if anyone has any opinions on these cabins/location in general I would appreciate it. My second choice was connecting boardwalk balconies 9311-9313 with the thought that I might have a view of the diving show and a bit of open ocean, but in the end I chose the starboard ocean view instead. If anyone has any opinions on this feel free to chime in too.

All "D" categories are the same except for the total number of passengers they are configured to accommodate and location. (D1's also are the same but with bigger balconies due to their forward hump location). Nothing wrong with a D7 v D2, and if the price was reduced, all the better.

What frequently happens is on future deckplan dates shown on the ship webpage RCI will re-categorize the sub categories within the main category for inventory and revenue balance for that timeframe as each sub category (per your example) is priced differently. This is likely what is happening with the date range you are booking.

As to location, we prefer the ocean view balconies due to the view of the water. If we want to see the aqua show from a balcony we will go to the public balconies on the far aft of decks 11, 12, or 14 and watch from there.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

RCI is in the process of recategorizing some of the cabins so that they are more standardized across the fleet. These changes have to do with occupancy per cabin and not the fact that there is anything wrong with them.

If you look at the ships deck plans it will list deck plans for different date ranges so if you look at one date range the cabin categories may be different than they are in another date range.

All "D" categories are the same except for the total number of passengers they are configured to accommodate and location. (D1's also are the same but with bigger balconies due to their forward hump location). Nothing wrong with a D7 v D2, and if the price was reduced, all the better.

What frequently happens is on future deckplan dates shown on the ship webpage RCI will re-categorize the sub categories within the main category for inventory and revenue balance for that timeframe as each sub category (per your example) is priced differently. This is likely what is happening with the date range you are booking.

As to location, we prefer the ocean view balconies due to the view of the water. If we want to see the aqua show from a balcony we will go to the public balconies on the far aft of decks 11, 12, or 14 and watch from there.

You must type quicker than me.:)

• 2 years later...