RCL Oasis or NCL Getaway

A Newbie here!

I have been on one 3-4 day shorty to Bahamas on RCL 7 years ago, but that is the extent of my cruise experience.

We are going away next spring for Hubby's 40th and we were looking into a cruise instead of an AI.

We are two couples in our late 30's (except hubby hehe) and like to be out late and be busy when on vacay.

The two above ships have caught my eye.

Can anyone weigh in on their experiences on one or both ships? I'm leaning towards the Oasis, I love all of the neighbourhoods!

Thanks!

I haven't been on these 2 ships, but just did the Allure and Epic back to back. We found much more to do on the Epic. The entertainment was better(IMHO). The Allure was a very impressive ship to "see", but, we just didn't find much to actually "do". On the Epic, we love the slides. Although, mid 40's - our DD9 gave us an excuse to ride them for hours. We also liked the bowling and O'Sheehan's. If you think you would like the flow rider and skating rink, then the Oasis may suit better.

Food and service were excellent on both ships. Both have great nightlife. NCL is slightly more casual. We are booked on the Oasis and Getaway this fall - can't wait!

Ok, so then what is better? Oasis or Allure?? Sooo many options!

6 in one/half dozen in the other. Both Oasis and Allure have excellent entertainment. They are almost the same in this respect, except the main show on Oasis in Hairspray and on Allure its Chicago. After the upcoming drydock, Hairspray will be replaced by Cats on Oasis.

Oasis cruises on Saturday and Allure cruises on Sunday.

Allure has the Boardwalk Doghouse...a great hot dog stand. Oasis doesn't have this. I don't know if they're adding it during the drydock or not.

Oasis has Solarium Bistro that serves a great Bison steak. On Allure, that venue is a Brazilian steakhouse style restaurant.

Ok, so then what is better? Oasis or Allure?? Sooo many options!

As Aquahound has already stated, a couple of different eateries and shows. Not important to us with decision making. All the food and shows are good. The ships are twins, so I would base my decision on destinations and price.

You cannot go wrong with whichever one you choose. I promise :)

We were on the sister ship, the Breakaway in September. Although we liked the ship, HANDS DOWN, the Oasis is much better. Love, love love the Oasis and Allure.
Exactly what I was going to say. Oasis and Allure are in a class by themselves. They REALLY are.

A Newbie here!

I have been on one 3-4 day shorty to Bahamas on RCL 7 years ago, but that is the extent of my cruise experience.

We are going away next spring for Hubby's 40th and we were looking into a cruise instead of an AI.

We are two couples in our late 30's (except hubby hehe) and like to be out late and be busy when on vacay.

The two above ships have caught my eye.

Can anyone weigh in on their experiences on one or both ships? I'm leaning towards the Oasis, I love all of the neighbourhoods!

Thanks!

I just booked a 7 night western Caribbean on the oasis for April 25th. I like the neighborhood idea of the ship too. Hubby and I have only been on a 4 day cruise before and we are looking forward to a longer one. I think that RC has something for everyone.

I feel like due to the sheer size of the Oasis, leaving the boat while in port doesn't make sense. How on earth would you even get to see the whole thing! If we are not doing any excursion off the boat, is there really much point in disembarking? I've checked out the St Thomas, St. Maarten stuff and it looks kinda boring.

My only cruise our ports were CoCoCay, Nassau (we went to Atlantis for the day) and Key West, which was a fun day.

I feel like due to the sheer size of the Oasis, leaving the boat while in port doesn't make sense. How on earth would you even get to see the whole thing! If we are not doing any excursion off the boat, is there really much point in disembarking? I've checked out the St Thomas, St. Maarten stuff and it looks kinda boring.

My only cruise our ports were CoCoCay, Nassau (we went to Atlantis for the day) and Key West, which was a fun day.

Oasis and Allure alternate routes. If that route doesn't sound appealing, the other route is Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel. Labadee is an awesome private island with a zip line, roller coaster and waterslide.

We totally prefer the Breakaway over the Oasis

Breakaway = 100% more entertainment, great restaurants WITH OCEAN VIEWS..

Central park on the Oasis is neat, but I can go to a park at home, the ship just lacks ocean views and "on board experiences" - we felt like we were in a Hilton Hotel packed with cruisers.

We felt the same before sailing on the Oasis last year, but the exact opposite was true. Over and over again my husband kept remarking on the fantastic layout, the easy maneuverability around the ship and the fastest elevators (and there are plenty of them) on the high seas. I've never figured out and navigated a ship as easily as the Oasis. We loved the "neighbourhood" design, especially Central Park - a park in the middle of a ship - who knew! Personally, unless you are going to some far southern Caribbean ports, most of them are pretty much the same. One nice thing about staying on board in port is that you have the ship pretty much to yourselves. It's a good time to book a spa day or use an uncrowded hot tub.

IMHO st Martin and st Thomas are beautiful....way better than Nassau or coco cay in my opinion. I would stay on the boat for Nassau for sure.

We did Maho beach in st Martin and in st Thomas we went to some restaurants and did sight seeing . I'm doing this itinerary again and I think I'm going to do Americas cup regatta in st Martin, and the beach in st. Thomas! So idk. I think there is plenty of stuff to do.

But really, you won't get to do everything on the oasis, she's so big. Just another excuse to sail on her again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk