Transfer Service from Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami

On Saturday October 25, we will be departing the Port of Miami on Getaway. We will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before, on Friday Oct 24, and will be staying in FLL that night. On Saturday, we need to get from FLL to the Port of Miami.

One shuttle service quoted me $65 per person per leg, or $270 for my wife and I. That seems a bit high.

While we don't want to go through multiple transfers just to get a rock-bottom rate, does anyone know of a reasonably priced service between these two points?

A few months ago we arranged car service from Moveo. They were great. The driver showed up exactly on time, the vehicle was spotless and the driver was very careful. For us it is worth the extra $$ to make sure it all goes smoothly. After spending the $$$ for a cruise why risk not making the ship?

We have used SAS as well. MJS ( GoMJS ) and QLS are good as well. The fee should be around $15 per person. All very reliable, and usually only another 2 to 4 people with you, but we usually take the shuttle on down to Miami when our flight comes in and overnight there, then taxi to port next am. Be sure to check, I think some shuttle services may only pick up from some hotels, or from the airport only. You may have to taxi back there.

Edited by punkincc

We booked our hotel in FLL with their cruise package for Miami. It is a room and the van ride to the port included ( when you arrive, you simply log your departure time at the lobby desk). This was with Embassy Suites on 17th; there may be other hotels that offer this too. Excellent service.

We fly into FLL, spend the night at Extended Stay, 17th st., and use SAS shuttle next day. $15 pp to Port of Miami. They will also take you back to FLL after the cruise. SAS will schedule either a 9:30 or 11 am pickup at your hotel. We like the 9:30 so we get to the port early. However, on all the times we've used SAS, they have made enough additional stops at other hotels to fill the van.

We are flying into FLL tomorrow evening, and I was able to find a one-day rental from Hertz for $33, including taxes. There is a Hertz drop off location on 2nd Street in Miami that runs a shuttle every half hour to the Port of Miami. Florida has a law that rental car companies cannot charge one-way fees for pick up and drop off within the state. With this, I think the flexibility of driving yourself, as well as the time savings of not having to wait for the hotel shuttle is worth it.

We are flying into FLL tomorrow evening, and I was able to find a one-day rental from Hertz for $33, including taxes. There is a Hertz drop off location on 2nd Street in Miami that runs a shuttle every half hour to the Port of Miami. Florida has a law that rental car companies cannot charge one-way fees for pick up and drop off within the state. With this, I think the flexibility of driving yourself, as well as the time savings of not having to wait for the hotel shuttle is worth it.

That is a good tip!

We have used SAS before and this time around we used MJS and I have to say that MJS was fabulous! They were in contact with us 2 days prior to double check our arrival. They were in constant contact us when they were on their way to pick us up at the hotel and then same to take us back to the airport after our cruise. Very satisfied with them. :)

I will be needing transportation in the opposite direction - Port of Miami to FLL following a one-way Panama Canal cruise. Will the shuttle companies recommended here have vehicles waiting for walk-up business, or will prior reservations need to be made? Thanks for the help!

Julie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We are on the Getaway in August and arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport 1day early. We're staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We are taking MJS Transportation for $13 per person (one way) and they are dropping us off at the hotel. I'm reading on cc that we can get a taxi to the port the next morning for about $12.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be needing transportation in the opposite direction - Port of Miami to FLL following a one-way Panama Canal cruise. Will the shuttle companies recommended here have vehicles waiting for walk-up business, or will prior reservations need to be made? Thanks for the help!

Julie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

As the other post suggested, if you decide to use SAS, do book ahead of time on their web site. Steve will send you an email confirmation with instructions after your arrival in Miami. You will have a phone number to call after you are off the ship, and they will have your cell phone number also. The driver or Steve will tell you where to wait and may call you as you do so waiting for the correct shuttle van. They have numerous vans running, so an exact time or specific van reservation isn't necessary.

Also, I super recommend you read A Path Between the Seas before you PC cruise. It's long, but really interesting and reads easily. Will make the experience even better.

We used JR Shuttle Service in July. They were great. We even called while we were waiting to disembark and scheduled an impromptu trip to Ft Myers and return to Ft Lauderdale. It was way better than renting a car and finding our own way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk