Dissapointed in Norweigen Sun to Alaska

pattiek

Well, I still feel badly that the OP started out with such a bad experience. Just another reason to carry my lint stick, I'll be checking the bed to make sure nobody else has slept in MY bed, LOL.

As for being swayed by a bad experience well, life is full of bad, good and indifferent experiences and you can either allow them to bring you down or you can just let them go. Life is what you make of it and so are cruises and vacations.

Enjoy your cruise on the Epic, she's a big one. Lots to do.

Or 4. (my choice) she got tired of being flamed and criticized because she said something negative.

LOL.. like I said before, as soon as I saw her post early, I knew that she'll be slammed rally hard... as there are many loyal Sun cruisers here.. and Sun is consistently in the cruiser choice awards in many categories for medium sized ships and even won best value...

I am a tad bit surprised the OP didn't come back to explain a little more about her experience or at least fill us in on her experience as a TA. It makes me wonder, what is really the whole story, considering she is a travel agent, had never posted before and has not responded to any of the replies?

I agree with you on the "makes me wonder" which is why I asked questions about her comparisons. I also wondered if someone could be pulling our leg and not be an adult recently returned from a cruise. Pro or con I think we are all open to someone's opinion. IMHO I wonder if the OP was a true poster or an imposter just searching for attention. ;)

Or 4. (my choice) she got tired of being flamed and criticized because she said something negative.

no one has attacked her for saying something negative. She has been questioned about things like drink packages, and not going directly to the source and being upset because her linens were not changed daily, which no line does unless you request it. Most everyone has agreed, if her cabin was not clean when she walked in, she is very justified being upset. I would like for you to tell us where anyone flamed her because she said something negative. I for one, did question the TA part. I questioned why she didn't know more about the product if she is an experienced agent: I also questioned her never being on CC befofre. Most agents spend a lot of time on cruise boards. None of this is flaming her for saying something negative, do you think I am wrong about this?

People keep using that word. I do not think it means what they think it means.

What do you think it means, Triptoemus? To me, it refers to abusive language being used in a derogatory manner. It means that their opinions are claimed to be worthless and of no value. Is that similar to your opinion of what Flamed means?

Edited by All-ready2cruise
correct grammar

Well I am doing Whittier to Vancouver, leaving Sept 8th. I hope the more positive comments hold true to what I find vs. the negatives.

My understanding of drink packages, if it's UBP then minors on same ship tab/credit card must purchase soda pkg. But if only soda pkgs are being purchased, it can be any combination, from 1 to all on the same ship tab/credit card.

If I found the room too dirty, I would go immediately to see about getting it cleaned, which seems to be what the OP did. I use this philosophy when I book cheap/discount motel rooms and in most cases have found the rooms to be satisfactorily cleaned, to begin with.

What do you think it means, Triptoemus? To me, it refers to abusive language being used in a derogatory manner. It means that their opinions are claimed to be worthless and of no value. Is that similar to your opinion of what Flamed means?

Well, now...you've made my point.

You have two different things going here. First you have "abusive language being used in a derogatory manner" then you have "their opinions are claimed to be worthless and of no value".

It is a discussion forum after all. Someone disagreeing with an OP by saying they find no value in OP's opinion is not flaming. Questioning the veracity of an OP's position is not flaming. It's easy to throw the "cheerleader" card, but don't be fooled; that's not what this is about. Differing opinions are a fundamental element on a forum, right? In an effort to be neutral, let's use Wikipedia's definition:

Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity.
Re-read the thread. Most of the first page is folks offering sympathy for OP's experience. While questioning the OP's motives (is OP a TA? first post on CC etc..etc...) might be construed by some to be "insulting" it was hardly hostile and consequently, isn't really flaming.

Flaming: people keep using that word. I do not think it means what they think it means. Q.E.D.

Well, now...you've made my point.

Re-read the thread. Most of the first page is folks offering sympathy for OP's experience. While questioning the OP's motives (is OP a TA? first post on CC etc..etc...) might be construed by some to be "insulting" it was hardly hostile and consequently, isn't really flaming.

Flaming: people keep using that word. I do not think it means what they think it means. Q.E.D.

Exactly, re-read the thread, I was one of those sympathising at the beginning. It's unfortunate that OP did not return and answer just a few questions.

I really didn't notice any flaming, unfortunate some here misconstrue requests for additional information as such.