XCARET Excursion

seafoy

Has anyone recently participated on the Excursion to Xcaret ecological park during Western Caribbean route? Last review I can find is from 2006. As it takes a large chunk of time to get to and from the park(from Cozumel), and the cost is pretty expensive, I was just wondering if 5hrs at the park was going to be enough time and worth the $200+ excursion price. Thanks!

Has anyone recently participated on the Excursion to Xcaret ecological park during Western Caribbean route? Last review I can find is from 2006. As it takes a large chunk of time to get to and from the park(from Cozumel), and the cost is pretty expensive, I was just wondering if 5hrs at the park was going to be enough time and worth the $200+ excursion price. Thanks!

Last time we did the park in 2013 we just took the earliest ferry to Playa then there were excursion buses waiting to take you to the park.

You can purchase the excursion right there in town where the bus leaves from. It is a long day.

Last time we did the park in 2013 we just took the earliest ferry to Playa then there were excursion buses waiting to take you to the park.

You can purchase the excursion right there in town where the bus leaves from. It is a long day.

Reason I would not do this: If there is any problem getting back to the ship (ferry problem, bus problem), being on a Princess tour means the ship will not leave without your tour group returning. If you are taking the ferry on your own, a missed ferry can mean bye-bye ship.

I do not mind touring on my own if it does not involve leaving the island of Cozumel, but I would never chance it if it means going to the mainland.

Edited by caribill

Reason I would not do this: If there is any problem getting back to the ship (ferry problem, bus problem), being on a Princess tour means the ship will not leave without your tour group returning. If you are taking the ferry on your own, a missed ferry can mean bye-bye ship.

I do not mind touring on my own if it does not involve leaving the island of Cozumel, but I would never chance it if it means going to the mainland.

I agree, you are on your own, and its a long way with 3 different modes of transport. It would be better to have the protection of Princess for any tours.

We head to Playa Del Carmen quite often. We stay a few hours and leave lots of time to get back.

It was $109 adults and $79 children in February.

Maybe the $200+ was for two people.

I see that the admission price has risen to $89 p/p so $200 for 2 adults wouldn't be that far a stretch plus it's a Princess sponsored tour so unless you miss the bus they will wait for all to return.

• 1 month later...