Major improvement in internet

moki'smommy

We find that internet speeds on board (any) ship vary greatly according to where it is and the satellite coverage for that area. However, we did note that the speed on the Dream a few weeks ago (Bahamas) was pretty good.

Internet has been upgraded on all ships as advised by myself over the past couple of years, I think the people posting that it's Slooooow, are people who haven't cruised on the ships for the last couple of years.

There was an interesting thread about two months ago on the other Disney forum, someone had been posting it was slow, this thread was started by a computer programmer and he was still working on the Magic while on vacation

He said it was reasonably fast, no drop outs he could do what he wanted and said that the posts made by the few that it was slow made him worry but they were not true and he wanted to put the record straight.

I have read a trip report from the Med this week a seasoned DCL cruiser was posting from the magic and said it's fast no problems paid for the large data package and only used a little bit and had a lot to spare, she was expecting drop outs and re submissions.

The thing is all technology improves day by day, we see IPhone 4/5 then 6, all getting better but a few keep posting the Internet is slow and do not think that they can upgrade it. It puts people off with the disinformation being reported.

Internet has been upgraded on all ships as advised by myself over the past couple of years, I think the people posting that it's Slooooow, are people who haven't cruised on the ships for the last couple of years.

There was an interesting thread about two months ago on the other Disney forum, someone had been posting it was slow, this thread was started by a computer programmer and he was still working on the Magic while on vacation

He said it was reasonably fast, no drop outs he could do what he wanted and said that the posts made by the few that it was slow made him worry but they were not true and he wanted to put the record straight.

I have read a trip report from the Med this week a seasoned DCL cruiser was posting from the magic and said it's fast no problems paid for the large data package and only used a little bit and had a lot to spare, she was expecting drop outs and re submissions.

The thing is all technology improves day by day, we see IPhone 4/5 then 6, all getting better but a few keep posting the Internet is slow and do not think that they can upgrade it. It puts people off with the disinformation being reported.

We have done a minimum of 2 DCL cruises per year for the last MANY years, This was the best internet experience we have encountered. And we bought the large package and only used half of it. Of course, my daughter was initially being very careful of her usage as she knew I wouldn't be paying for any more!

2 years ago on the Magic, the internet was horrible! I have a very specific memory of a friend trying to do her air check in and spending over 45 minutes with the computer in the internet cafe routinely locking up or kicking her off. On other cruises, my daughter has routinely complained about the speed and drop out areas. On the EBTA, she had no complaints in 12 days and even allowed me to do a small project on "her" package.

MY reports of prior slow/problematic internet were based on our experiences on our recent cruises--the 2 most recent prior to the EBTA being less than a year ago. I do not feel that people reporting bad experiences were out of date--we've had bad experiences in the last 2 years, BUT this experience was a good one.