Anyone know where a maître d named Noelle is?

Just wondering if anyone knows what ship a maître d named Noelle is? I don't remember his last name I think it began with a C he has been on the Dawn then I think last year transferred to maybe the Jewel or Gem.

Edited by letsgocruisin

Was he an Indian gentleman? Did he used to be on the Majesty from Boston to Bermuda? If it's the same man, I think Noel (and his friend Vic who used to work on the Majesty) would be pretty old by now. By "old" I really mean 50 or so and it's a hard life for a 50 year old, working on a cruise ship with the hours they put in.

Yes that sounds like him. We met him on the majesty many years ago and have seen him many times since and he always remembers us dating back to the Majesty as a waiter. He has moved up the ranks with NCL. Last year I was told we just missed him and he moved on to another ship. We are going on the Breakaway soon so that made me think of him

I thought I remembered hearing that he moved on to corporate, but good to know he's out there sailing the 7 seas somewhere. We're on the Dawn in July and will keep a look out for him. He was always so nice to my elderly parents when they sailed.

• 8 years later...

We just returned from a trip on the Norwegian Dawn and Mr. Noel Chaves is the restaurant manager now.  He is one of the nicest gentlemen I have met. He went above and beyond to make our cruise so special! Cannot rave about him enough! Norwegian has a true winner with him on board!  Hope to see him on another trip someday! 

12 minutes ago, Kaolby said:

We just returned from a trip on the Norwegian Dawn and Mr. Noel Chaves is the restaurant manager now.  He is one of the nicest gentlemen I have met. He went above and beyond to make our cruise so special! Cannot rave about him enough! Norwegian has a true winner with him on board!  Hope to see him on another trip someday! 

For your first post you answer an eight year old query?   LOL   Nice.

Welcome.

Eight years later he is still working hard at making trips enjoyable - happened to find this site when I googled his name- he deserves all the wonderful things said about him. Sorry if I was late to the party on a cruise forum.

3 hours ago, Kaolby said:

It's nice to know some people are able to make a real career out of being on the ships. I'm a lazy, fat American. There's no way I could work long on a ship. Thanks for updating us so many years later. 🙂