My "TBD" Conundrum

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

My husband and I booked two cabins on the Silhouette for early January. We have two young adult daughters. We don't know if they're going to come on the cruise or not. We might wind up with one or the other (with a friend in two), both of them, or neither (and I guess we'd see if we could find another couple to join us).

I didn't think this through well and currently have one cabin with our names and one with the daughters' names. I think I'm allowed to switch names around in the cabins? Is there some cutoff? Final payment is October.

But there's a bigger problem--the FLIGHTS.

We have to fly down to Florida and I'm not aware of ANY way to book four flights with two TBD names, or to transfer a flight reservation from one name to another.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Wow, that is quite an issue. My suggestion to you since you already have your cruise booking in place is to call Celebrity Choice Air program and see if they can assist you in any way. The cruise booking will be much less of an issue than the air. They are going to need names when doing a booking and I do not know how easy they would be to transfer. You could face transfer fees and have to pay the going rate at the time of transfer. As you said its quite a conundrum you are facing. You can always book your flight now and theirs (when you know who is going at a later time) but you risk the flight being full or at a higher price.

Edited by cruisingsince94

Book the cruises and then cancel one room at pay time. Flights are the issue. Book two now with Choice air and then book the other two at payday time. You should be great with Choice air.

I have done flights at the last minute even less than you for international and domestic and have been ok. Just stay with Choice air. They really can do you right.

Book the cruises and then cancel one room at pay time. Flights are the issue. Book two now with Choice air and then book the other two at payday time. You should be great with Choice air.

I have done flights at the last minute even less than you for international and domestic and have been ok. Just stay with Choice air. They really can do you right.

The above is what I would do. The extra cabin can always be cancelled, flight cancellations without medical cause will have a penalty.

Not sure where you are flying from but flights to Fort Lauderdale are fairly frequent from major airports. Worst case perhaps fly in a few days pre cruise which should give lots of options for flights (which is always advisable if flying from snowy areas in January.)

Celebrity Choice air has (or at least used to have) an option that was slightly more expensive where you didn't have to pay for the flight until final payment. If you cancelled before final payment then the flight was just cancelled. Can't recall if there was a non-refundable deposit or not. Call them up and check out the options. You can also ask them if one of these types of options will allow you to change names on the flights. They might be a little more expensive but if it gives you more flexibility while locking in the flights and fare it might be worth it to you.

If you don't have airline miles to book flights, you can always book Y class fares on airlines that are refundable, although they could cost as much as the cruise.

As others have said, Choice air can help as they can often give fare that are refundable less $150 and you may be able to change the name for the same fee.

Happy sailing,

Jenna