Summit Aqua cabins with no overhang

youwash

Is there too much sun and heat in these rooms? There is only one review of nearby rooms on the M-class sticky and they said they had to keep the drapes closed all day to keep the heat out.

We are booked in 1105 and 1107 and wondering about getting too much sun in the room to make it uncomfortable. We want to be able to enjoy our balcony. Looking at the route we would have afternoon sun every day as we are island hopping north. Really picked these cabins as they are the new ones added but am wondering if we need to change.

One husband hates air conditioning and my sister has to use as little as possible, and my husband has had heat stroke and has to have it freezing cold or he can't sleep. ( keep telling him his thermostat is broken)

Don't know if this warrants a cabin change or not. Husband is trying to talk me into canceling.

When we were in 1132 on the Constellation this past month, we did have to keep our curtains closed most of the time. In addition, the air conditioner did not work well. We had it worked on, then it was freezing, but good sleeping. ;)

We were in 1102 on the Infinity. It has the same configuration as the Summit. We closed the sheer curtains at times during the day but did not find there was too much sunshine in our stateroom.

The angle of the sun, month of travel, and your itinerary has a lot to do with the amount of sunshine coming into your stateroom.

True! We were in the Baltic's. Had sunshine (unless it was raining) about 18 hours a day during most of the itinerary. Also, our stateroom was facing the sun most of the cruise. :D

Edited by Iamthesea

We were in 1116 on Connie and both my husband and I said the AC worked better in that room than on ANY cruise we had ever been on. It had a better fan control than many of the staterooms we'd been in and we both got cold at night. We just never noticed a heat issue at all and we were in Key West, Bahamas ...so not a cool weather cruise....

Maybe it won't be that big an issue. We will be Southern Caribbean in Feb. so I hope it will be warm. Just not TOO warm in the cabin.

Iamthesea so jealous you will be on Equinox--we did that this Jan. and it was wonderful. Would so much like to do a longer cruise again soon.

I couldn't figure out how you knew we were going to be on the Equinox. :rolleyes: Then I remembered my tickers. I need to change the one that has sailed and add another for New England and Canada. That's on the Summit 2015 in AQ 1116. :D

How many husbands do you have?

LOL That's funny. Should have worded that better.

ONE is more than enough some days!

And I spent so much time composing that so I wouldn't say something stupid.