Heli-pad Sailaway

Blue Lagoon

Yes. Every time I have been invited is because my name was on the CC party list. The Celebrity staff member hosting the event would announce the date and time, and in many cases, ask us to not talk to others about the invitation. I have also been invited to a bridge tour twice through the CC party registration. I believe, based on what I think I heard the host say, the invitations were extended only to those who actually attended the CC event, but can't be certain if that is actually how it works.

We did not attend the official CC party. Our invitation was also in our stateroom.

I was given the opportunity to experience such a sailaway on Celebrity Eclipse because I was sailing with a friend who has many Celebrity days under her belt. She had received an invitation for this opportunity and did not want to go. She asked me if I would like to use her invitation, which I most thankfully did.

Free Champagne? If that was available, I surely did not see it. Yes, there was a bar set-up on the deck near the stairs leading to the heli-pad, but it appeared to me that it was a cash bar. I did not see any Stewards serving drinks while I was on the heli-pad.

It was just one more memorable cruise experience that I am thankfully able to record.

We were served free champagne! :) The CD, JC, came out and spoke with everyone individually. Nice guy!

I cannot remember the ship, but a few years after the Titanic movie, passengers were allowed to go near the very bow and practice their best Jack and Rose poses. :D There was a large iron cross bar that we leaned on. I have a photo somewhere in one of my cruise photo files. I'll have to ask my husband if he remembers the ship. Thinking it was Disney, Celebrity or RCCL...those were our first cruises beginning in 2000. Titanic came out in 1997.

Edited by Iamthesea

Free Champagne? If that was available, I surely did not see it. Yes, there was a bar set-up on the deck near the stairs leading to the heli-pad, but it appeared to me that it was a cash bar. I did not see any Stewards serving drinks while I was on the heli-pad.

This may vary by occasion. On all three times I have been invited we were offered free refreshments. On our evening departure from Mykonos (see post #3), we were offered sparkling wine or orange juice. On our departure from a chilly, overcast Stockholm (post #3 again), we were offered hors d'ouevres, hot chocolate and the most delicious hot mulled wine I have ever tasted. I had to try several glasses to make sure it was as good as I thought it was! :D

On our Panama Canal transit, the helipad was open to all passengers. No refreshments were offered, however.

Edited by boogs

Looks like the Panama Canal.

I sure hope not! Being over 10 feet wider than the locks, Solstice would get severely damaged if she tried to enter any of the locks. :D

The photos are of two different ships. Solstice (S-class) at the dock, and Infinity (M-class) entering a lock.

Infinity did not have any sailaway viewings on the Helipad at anytime. Onlytime it was open is for Panama Canal. They may also open it next summer at the Glaciers in Alaska

The helipad on Infinity was open during passage through the Panama Canal locks on our cruise in 2009. It was also open during our departure from Cartagena, Columbia on that same cruise. The Constellation's was open leaving Stockholm on our 2010 cruise.

Edited by boogs

Sail Away on the Helipad is really a great experience......and the vino is pretty good too.

Not real sure of the criteria to get invited but I think it's being an Elite. :cool:

Sail Away on the Helipad is really a great

Not real sure of the criteria to get invited but I think it's being an Elite. :cool:

Nope. I am not Elite on Celebrity Captain's Club nor in real life but I was invited not once but twice on my last cruise.

Nope. I am not Elite on Celebrity Captain's Club nor in real life but I was invited not once but twice on my last cruise.

Same here. Been invited on all three of my Celebrity cruises, and am not Elite yet. It has been reported on this thread that some of us have been invited through the Connections party.

We were invited on our October 2013 cruise aboard the Constellation for sail away from Santorini. Other Connections party participants were not. It appeared to all be Elite CC members and suite guests at that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were invited on the second leg of our B2B in January. Wonderful time! Yes, there was free sparkling wine and many officers were present. We did attend the meet & greet, but are relatively new to cruising and were only Classic members of the rewards program. If there is a formula I would suspect that we were invited due to our B2B status?

Lockie and I have very special memories of this sailaway. Thank you Celebrity for inviting us! We've booked three more cruises!

We were invited on our Eclipse cruise last month - the lunchtime sail into Gibraltar, which was brilliant. Free drinks and officers in attendance.

Although we are Elite, we thought it might have been because my husband celebrated his birthday whilst we were on board.

We went once...not as a suite passenger...most likely Elite or Cap Club...

it was very nice but a very sunny area on our cruise, .no shade, cash bar, nice to mingle with many officers...I recall one small set of stairs for access.

there are places for better views but a nice event if you have not been to one.