Trip reports....

pbnjrockette

Can't express how helpful trip reports are and urge those of you who have returned recently to write one. Especially those on trips that are unusual or rarely get reviewed. Somehow the 'post trip letdown' must hit a lot of folks hard as they seem to disappear from CC when they return home.

Can't express how helpful trip reports are and urge those of you who have returned recently to write one. Especially those on trips that are unusual or rarely get reviewed. Somehow the 'post trip letdown' must hit a lot of folks hard as they seem to disappear from CC when they return home.

I totally agree. This is especially true for "non-Viking" cruises. I recently ran the numbers, and Viking has about as many ships as everyone else combined. I've booked Vantage Rhine & Mosel for next year, and there's not a lot of info out there.

I've been particularly frustrated in trying to find photos of cabins on the River Navigator--along with info on availability of 110/220 V outlets, etc. I've got lots of time, but others may be more anxious.

FuelScience

I totally agree. This is especially true for "non-Viking" cruises. I recently ran the numbers, and Viking has about as many ships as everyone else combined. I've booked Vantage Rhine & Mosel for next year, and there's not a lot of info out there.

I've been particularly frustrated in trying to find photos of cabins on the River Navigator--along with info on availability of 110/220 V outlets, etc. I've got lots of time, but others may be more anxious.

FuelScience

Try visiting the Vantage website. They are sure to have photos and may even have a forum dedicated to their cruises . . . GCT has this, so I am guessing Vantage does too.

We did Rhein and Mosel, non Viking . . . but got lots of good info from reports here from any line. The ports are the same regardless of the boat. Keep reading here, and web search your ship name and images . . . you'll find pictures.

I've been particularly frustrated in trying to find photos of cabins on the River Navigator--along with info on availability of 110/220 V outlets, etc.

If you are staying in hotels before/after cruise you also need to research electrical outlets for each of those countries, which are likely to be more confusing than the ship itself. The good news is that all current electronic devices are auto switching 110/220 so you don't need a converter, just an adapter. Two-prong adapters are pretty uniform across Europe, and very cheap. It's the three-prong guys that give me fits: different standards in UK, Switzerland, Italy vs the rest of Europe (and my MacBook Pro has a three-prong plug so I want a grounded adapter). Magellans website has a good resource for understanding this. Also the ship/hotel may be able to lend you one.