Islands and Tapas cruise on Journey - our story

uktog

Thank you for all the kind comments.

It was the financial sense that made us choose the category we did, this was an extra cruise added in between two others and it was a useful experiment. Yes we had to be better organised in the room, both of us had to think who was moving where at some points in time but that was a small price to pay for having an extra cruise.

I do not think Azamara and Celebrity compare at all now and will not be booking on Celebrity again unless, as is the case with our two remaining bookings we are looking at itineraries not covered by Azamara or we get in a mess with work dates.

In Sept we are going to New England, Aquaclass, per diem slightly higher than Azamara balcony room and next year Alaska on the new suite experience per diem higher than Azamara continental suite that second one will be very interesting to see

I do not think Azamara and Celebrity compare at all now and will not be booking on Celebrity again unless, as is the case with our two remaining bookings we are looking at itineraries not covered by Azamara or we get in a mess with work dates.

I agree. They just aren't the same. I still like Celebrity and will cruise with them every so often, but it's Azamara that I really love going back to and feel "I'm home".

Phil

Hi Phil!

LOVED your detailed and fun "cruise-report" as well as the beautiful pics to accompany it. Thanks for taking the time to post it.. we will be on the Journey in October and this makes me doubly excited!!!!:):)

Hi Phil!

LOVED your detailed and fun "cruise-report" as well as the beautiful pics to accompany it. Thanks for taking the time to post it.. we will be on the Journey in October and this makes me doubly excited!!!!:):)

I would love to say I wrote it, but Ann's pros are much better than mine. I only comment. Still haven't done a review for last month. Mañana ;) Wonderful time I had.

When in October are you on Journey? I'll be on the 4th October sailing.

Phil

Hi Phil!

Ahhaa.. you are just the side commentator. Well kudos to Ann AND you then! :)

I truly loved the report.. really almost makes one feel as they are on board.

We are just missing each other on the Journey. We are sailing on the 11th from Monte Carlo to Barcelona. Your itinerary on October 4th is actually quite similar to ours but it's on Yom Kippur so we had to choose the week after.

I'm trying to remember which cruise we were on together.. was it the French Riviera cruise on September of 2011?

Have a great day!!! Claudia

It was nice to read your comments. Your photos are beautiful. I have booked last minute cruises a few times. They feel like getting a bonus. You were probably a bit anxious booking an oceanview room. I did it last year. After many verandas and suites, I got a last minute deal on an Oceanview cabin. It was fine. I amazed myself. I did not miss the veranda. I do not spend much time in my cabin. The cruise is more about the service, food, and places to see. Regardless of what type of cabin you are in, be happy that you are on the ship. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ann,

It was nice to meet you and Charles on the cruise and have enjoyed reading your trip report brought back lots of great memories. Could not agree more about the coffee the best coffee is in Mosaic.

Enjoy all your up and coming cruising.

Gareth