Rebook before July 31 or onboard?

darsura

I am booked on a cruise in August 2015 which I booked under the early deployment offer. I planned to rebook this while onboard my cruise this August so as to get the 123go offer. But since they are offering the 123go now should I rebook now or wait till I am onboard? I am weighing pros and cons here: Onboard I would pick the free beverage package and would get $350 OBC. Rebooking before July 31, I would choose the free beverage package and the $300 OBC, but also receive 25 bonus points. And reduced deposit today is 50% versus $100 onboard, but that would not matter to me. Also, I would rather get the 25 bonus points than the $25 extra OBC. So while I am inclined to rebook now, I was wondering if there is something I am overlooking about the onboard booking benefit. I thought I had recently read that if one books onboard and changed the cruise later, the onboard booking benefit (123go) would not be lost, and I think that otherwise it could be. Is that so? Appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

I'm not sure about keeping the booking benefits if you book on board and then move the cruise.

The longer you wait to book the more of a chance you have of having a price increase or your desired cabin not available.

We booked under the early booking program and added the beverage package this week. We kept the $350 early booking ship board credit. The 25 bonus points were not a big enough incentive to go through the hassle of rebooking. Also, all of the CS on our sailing are already sold out and I did not want to chance loosing our suite.

Mary Lou

I'm not sure about keeping the booking benefits if you book on board and then move the cruise.

The longer you wait to book the more of a chance you have of having a price increase or your desired cabin not available.

We booked under the early booking program and added the beverage package this week. We kept the $350 early booking ship board credit. The 25 bonus points were not a big enough incentive to go through the hassle of rebooking. Also, all of the CS on our sailing are already sold out and I did not want to chance loosing our suite.

Mary Lou

Oh, I did not realize I could keep the early booking OBC and add the beverage package. I thought I had to rebook. Thanks.

The other thing though, the OBC with my early booking was $250 and the offer now is $300, and onboard it would be $350, so really might be worth rebooking. I will call tomorrow and see what they say.

I am booked on a cruise in August 2015 which I booked under the early deployment offer. I planned to rebook this while onboard my cruise this August so as to get the 123go offer. But since they are offering the 123go now should I rebook now or wait till I am onboard? I am weighing pros and cons here: Onboard I would pick the free beverage package and would get $350 OBC. Rebooking before July 31, I would choose the free beverage package and the $300 OBC, but also receive 25 bonus points. And reduced deposit today is 50% versus $100 onboard, but that would not matter to me. Also, I would rather get the 25 bonus points than the $25 extra OBC. So while I am inclined to rebook now, I was wondering if there is something I am overlooking about the onboard booking benefit. I thought I had recently read that if one books onboard and changed the cruise later, the onboard booking benefit (123go) would not be lost, and I think that otherwise it could be. Is that so? Appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

Hi Darsura,

About the only item I can answer with any certainty, is that (from what I was told) that if you book onboard, the 123 promo stays with your booking. I was also told that the current 25 point offer cannot be associated with anything booked onboard.

Unfortuately, with all the rules & complications of each promotion, I doubt any of us can answer your questions with certainty. Celebrity has created an extremely complicated maze with all of the promotions. The best advice I can offer, is to contact Celebrity directly, and have them assist you.

Wish I could be of more help, but with 1 Celebrity promo after another, they have created a whole bunch of confusion. Who knows, maybe that was their goal, but it's amazing to me that, as time moves forward, things only get more complicated. If it were up to me, I'd simplify everything - but clearly they feel differently.

Good Luck, and I hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Darsura,

About the only item I can answer with any certainty, is that (from what I was told) that if you book onboard, the 123 promo stays with your booking. I was also told that the current 25 point offer cannot be associated with anything booked onboard.

Unfortuately, with all the rules & complications of each promotion, I doubt any of us can answer your questions with certainty. Celebrity has created an extremely complicated maze with all of the promotions. The best advice I can offer, is to contact Celebrity directly, and have them assist you.

Wish I could be of more help, but with 1 Celebrity promo after another, they have created a whole bunch of confusion. Who knows, maybe that was their goal, but it's amazing to me that, as time moves forward, things only get more complicated. If it were up to me, I'd simplify everything - but clearly they feel differently.

Andy, as usual what they say & do are often different depending on who you talk with. I just got the 25 points added to 2 cruises I booked onboard & transferred to a TA. I am a happy cruiser!

Hi Darsura,

Thanks Andy. I am inclined now to wait and rebook on board because of the 123 promotion staying with the reservation should I change it. And the OBC would be $50 more than the present promotion (in error I said $25 in my original post). Just have to hope the price does not change much or at all in the next 85 days till I get onboard:)

Andy, as usual what they say & do are often different depending on who you talk with. I just got the 25 points added to 2 cruises I booked onboard & transferred to a TA. I am a happy cruiser!

That would be nice to get if I can. I certainly will ask. Thanks.

Hi Jelayne,

Thanks for letting us know. I asked about this just the other day, and was told absolutely not. It's all very frustrating now. We have tons of Celebrity bookings into 2016, and most were booked onboard. As we are getting closer to Zenith, every bit counts.

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling everything after our next sailing. I'm getting fed up with the constant confusion.

We just got off the summit today from bermuda. They had a flier that stated all inclusive for 2015 if we booked on board. The promo was drink package plus OBC PLUS gratuities. But the fine print was you had to book at regular non discounted price and I don't think you could transfer for better deals down the road.

I have the sheet somewhere in all my paperwork