Guarantee Mini Suite on NCL Star

mrav8tr

Looking for input from anyone that has booked a "Guarantee" FORWARD Mini Suite on NCL Star and what kind of location they ended up with, i.e., obstructed view, bad location, etc.

Thanks!

Edited by mrav8tr

Wasn't aware that you could book any specific guarantee? Forward? Usually a guarantee only gets you a guarantee of the type of room, not deck or location.

There aren't any obstructed view mini's on the Star. Could find yourself over or under some noise, but you won't know that until they assign the room.

Wasn't aware that you could book any specific guarantee? Forward? Usually a guarantee only gets you a guarantee of the type of room, not deck or location.

There aren't any obstructed view mini's on the Star. Could find yourself over or under some noise, but you won't know that until they assign the room.

True with NCL the main category for Guarantee in a Mini Suite is MX and you are either going to get assigned a MB or MA . A lot will depend on when they decide to assign your cabin in what you get. I do see quite a few assignments and many MX get a MA because the MA is slightly higher and is the last one to sell. It may have happened once in a blue moon getting higher than a MA but I would not be willing to take a bet on it ;) I have a Guarantee MX for my November cruise on the Jewel, this will be my first guarantee with NCL personally because I normally get category SF but just could not pass up the price I got a few months ago for the Mini Suite, I figured for the saving I could give up my Butler and Coffee machine for one cruise :D

But back to the location Yes you could end up with a Forward Mini Suite on Deck 11 if you booked a MX and or MB Guarantee but the majority of Mini Suites are aft in the MB and or mid ship in the MA so the odds are in your favor of getting one of them :)

We've stayed in a forward mini on the Star and think they are a great location since they are under the deck 12 suites. The location on deck 11 for any of the minis is great, but you may get assigned one midship under the pool deck or aft under the teen club which can be noisy late at night/early in the morning.

Edited by herdingdogmom