Radiance or Solstice

Trying to decide which one , have a current booking on a south pacific cruise on the Radiance which we haven't been on in an oceanview room. Then there's the Solstice same cruise with one extra stop (mystery island) this would be $500.00 dearer but it is a balcony cabin and includes drinks package ,we have been on the Solstice before and would like to try the Radiance but the Solstice seems a better deal ,what would you do?

Thanks

In a toss up between Radiance and Solstice, Solstice would win every time IMO. I think the inclusions on Celebrity are much better than RC. For example, robes, toiletries, general service. Have found that on Radiance, you are generally expected to border your own drinks and coffee at the bar (and the coffee is in paper cups), they have that multi-purpose 'gel' in the shower, the theatre is not as large and shows not as spectacular. These are all minor but when it all adds up, I feel Celebrity is a better product.

I quite like Radiance; the balcony cabins are large (not sure about OV), the specialty restaurants are great, MDR food I think is OK but not great.

I know many who really love Radiance and would choose it over Solstice so it is a case of not everything suits every one.

It is a decision you are going to have to make for yourself. No one can decide for you. Just go with your gut, pick one and be done with it and be happy you made the right decision. No one has a crystal ball that can tell you what is best for you. Only you know that.

For your information both ships are run by the same company. Royal Caribbean does own and control Celebrity.

Celebrity Cruises is marketed as a "premium" cruise line which strives to be a little better but does not meet the requirements for "luxury", Royal Caribbean is marketed as "mass market" which aims to please everyone and attract people from all walks of life.

We are in a similar situation but needing to decide between Solstice and Voyager of the Seas our 40th wedding anniv on 28th Nov next year and deciding on Celebrity which leaves 26th November 8 nights approx. $1200 Pacific Islands, voyager departs 18th Nov 10 nights Pacific Islans$1000 or 7 nights 28th November $800, Melb/Tasmania, a lot of difference in pricing, just trying to work out if the solstice is worth the extra money?:confused:

We are in a similar situation but needing to decide between Solstice and Voyager of the Seas our 40th wedding anniv on 28th Nov next year and deciding on Celebrity which leaves 26th November 8 nights approx. $1200 Pacific Islands, voyager departs 18th Nov 10 nights Pacific Islans$1000 or 7 nights 28th November $800, Melb/Tasmania, a lot of difference in pricing, just trying to work out if the solstice is worth the extra money?:confused:

You would it think it would just make sense to go with the cheaper price, we haven't been on Voyager either but as I said we have been on Solstice , it is a beautiful ship , but from what I have read Radiance is supposed to really nice to but I just prefer the idea of balcony room have till end of the week to decide and which ever one you choose have a great cruise

Hi,

both ships are great ships. The Radiance class ships are my favorite Royal Caribbean ships and the Solstice class ships are maybe the best on market.

I like both and could not prefer any.

But I would prefer the balcony cabin, the extra stop and the drink package. For $500 it's a good deal.

Edited by swoonx

It honestly depends what you want out of the holiday in my opinion, RCL is more lively, X has some nice touches.

Both are gorgeous ships and you couldn't possibly go wrong with either.

The drinks package alone would cost at least $500 per person so the price difference is kind of irrelevant.

Radiance is probably my all time favourite cruise ship as it does so much so well, kind of like a good mix of entertainment, activities and luxury. Doesn't compromise on much. Personally I would take it over Solstice as stuff like toiletries and those little extra touches don't phase me much and I like having heaps to do on a cruise, but in saying that my next cruise is booked on Solstice as the 123go and balcony pricing was too good to resist.

In that instance it was cheaper for me to book Solstice than Radiance whilst also getting a drinks package, made it a no brainer for me! Think Solstice has some great balcony rates because it has that many balconies onboard compared to other ships making them less of a 'luxury'.

You can pick up Solstice balconies for less than what P&O are charging!

Trying to decide which one , have a current booking on a south pacific cruise on the Radiance which we haven't been on in an oceanview room. Then there's the Solstice same cruise with one extra stop (mystery island) this would be $500.00 dearer but it is a balcony cabin and includes drinks package ,we have been on the Solstice before and would like to try the Radiance but the Solstice seems a better deal ,what would you do?

Thanks

There are pros and cons to each. If there isn't any definite winner in your decision making, as you've said, I'd go with the better value.

I agree with you that an extra port, plus having a balcony, plus having the extra package (gratuities or drinks) is worth the $500 so that'd be the one I'd go with.

Especially with the price difference, for me Voyager would be an easy winner. So much more to do onboard! :-)

I would go for the VotS for 10 nights in th epacific if I was in your situation.:D

Good choice, as the decision was only yours to make and that is what you had picked first. Enjoy.:D

Well that is sort of right Mic but it was a group decision (2 couples) and the date of the Radiance was a better fit for the others, still I am not disappointed I do like the Solstice but am excited about the Radiance and as you say it is what we picked in the first place so happy days and Solstice next time

Well that is sort of right Mic but it was a group decision (2 couples) and the date of the Radiance was a better fit for the others, still I am not disappointed I do like the Solstice but am excited about the Radiance and as you say it is what we picked in the first place so happy days and Solstice next time

Regardless of whether you chose to go with Radiance or Solstice I would have said the exact same thing.... good choice :p

You honestly couldn't go wrong either way!

I like the way you put it best, Radiance this time and Solstice next :cool:

Regardless of whether you chose to go with Radiance or Solstice I would have said the exact same thing.... good choice :p

You honestly couldn't go wrong either way!

I like the way you put it best, Radiance this time and Solstice next :cool:

Agreed.:D