Sailing the BA on Sunday ~ what questions do you have?

Could you please let us know if bus/ferry tickets (not passes) are available yet at the dockyard? Thank you & hope you have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the May 11 cruise. We were able to purchase bus/ferry passes, as well as tokens for individual rides, in the building right off the ship. When you leave the ship, you have to go through a building that includes a gift shop and a desk that sells passes/tokens. We purchased a 2-day pass, assuming that we would not leave the wharf area on Friday, but we decided to go to the beaches on Friday, so we purchased individual ride tokens that day.

I was on the May 11 cruise. We were able to purchase bus/ferry passes, as well as tokens for individual rides, in the building right off the ship. When you leave the ship, you have to go through a building that includes a gift shop and a desk that sells passes/tokens. We purchased a 2-day pass, assuming that we would not leave the wharf area on Friday, but we decided to go to the beaches on Friday, so we purchased individual ride tokens that day.

Thanks. I was hoping to buy the 15 tickets for $30 but have read that they were only available in Hamilton so far this year. For the plans we have, tickets will be cheaper than the passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I was hoping to buy the 15 tickets for $30 but have read that they were only available in Hamilton so far this year. For the plans we have, tickets will be cheaper than the passes.

I was also interested in the 15 for $30. I am debating if it is worth it to get a single token for the two of us and go have a look around Hamilton first and get the tickets there.

There was a "party" in the dockyard area Wed. night, 11:00pm -3:00am, the bus driver told us about it, but we did not attend that. He said the cover charge is halved for Cruise guests. I do not remember what he referred to it as, not Harbour nights, that is Wed, in Hamilton and is the street fair type thing (concession stands, craft vendors, street entertainers), started at 7:00pm. Not even sure where it was located unless at the snorkel park area. This was the 5/25 cruise to Bermuda. I think he said they do it every week. I think some of the crew go too.

debbie

We were really obsessed with the tickets vs 3 day passes but , in the end, we were really glad to have the passes. We wound up wanting to go back and forth more than we thought and we made some extra beach stops that we would have been counting tickets over. Just get the 2 or the 3 day passes. It is only a little extra money and it isn't worth the stress or time of trying to find the ticket books in Hamilton and then rationing them out.

Yes, the one and two day passes were available on the ship. One, two, three day passes and tokens for single rides were available at the little table right inside the port terminal and then at multiple places just outside the terminal along the walk to the ferry or bus.

When I went to Bermuda years ago the Town Crier would be out on the Fort and would ring a bell welcoming the ship and they would set off a small canon. It would be nice to know if they still do this? If was a nice welcome to Bermuda.

When I went to Bermuda years ago the Town Crier would be out on the Fort and would ring a bell welcoming the ship and they would set off a small canon. It would be nice to know if they still do this? If was a nice welcome to Bermuda.

I believe he still does that, but in Hamilton only. The many times we've been to Bermuda, coming into the Dockyard, I haven't seen the Town Crier... it would be a nice welcome, though.

Have a great trip

Can u please find out how much the laundry is and if it's only 1 bag allowed at that price and is the bag large

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You got it! I'll take a picture of the laundry bag next to something for size comparison for you. Typically, we send a ton of clothes out to be pressed: Suits, blazers, dress shirts, etc. And, it all fits in two bags (for 4 people).

2cruise4ever.. I think we have met and sailed together before. My old screen name was Logcabin. I believe my wife and I met you several cruises ago on the Dawn. Perhaps we had dinner together with Hugo one evening. Does this sound familliar. Trying to remember now. We will be on this Sunday's cruise also.

2cruise4ever.. I think we have met and sailed together before. My old screen name was Logcabin. I believe my wife and I met you several cruises ago on the Dawn. Perhaps we had dinner together with Hugo one evening. Does this sound familliar. Trying to remember now. We will be on this Sunday's cruise also.

OMG!! yes, I certainly do remember you... is it Scott? And, I can't remember your wife's name.... We did have dinner with Hugo. And, you brought some clients on board for a tour... that's why our cabin was ready as soon as we boarded... ours was one on the tour. It'll be good to see you again!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Not at the dockyard, but some of the locals were down there waving/welcoming us to Bermuda as we docked. If you have a balcony on the side that docks, is a nice gesture.

People also welcomed us as we were walking from the ship. Nice people in Bermuda. :)

OK, sailing tomorrow (yea!). This is what I have. Let me know if you have any additional questions:

• Taylor95: bus/ferry tickets (not passes) at dockyard
  • VickiD59: Dockyard festival on Wednesday night 2300 to 0300??
  • BermudaBound2014: What day do they offer the laundry special? How much is a bag on special and how much is a bag not on special?
  • Lbocola: Can u please find out how much the laundry is and if it's only 1 bag allowed at that price and is the bag large
  • Sebas030: If you could take a picture of the Martini drink menu, that would be great! I would love to confirm that the prices for the drinks are the same even after the increase of the UBP.
  • SizzleChest: Many times cruises run specials on things like liquor and jewelry, but when is the best time to buy? Are discounts best at the end of the trip, or in the middle? Also, please collect the dailies and post them. NCL just moved the schedule around, so the ones on I've seen are probably wrong.
  • Lgib1: Taxi cost to Horseshoe Bay beach?
  • TravelJoe: Would love to know what night the chef's table dinner is held. I know it's extremely tough to book (only 12 seats, and typically once/cruise), but if you happen to be speaking with someone at Guest Services, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks!

Yes, I will scan and post the Dailies; Yes, I will take pics of as many menus as possible (and some food items - I'm a total food selfie!); Yes, I will post the names of all the staff in charge (Captain, HD, CD, etc).

Anything else???

Who'da thought you'd have a To-Do List on your vacation - I think it's great you volunteered to get info for all of these things. Since asking, I did find out that the "festival" I was asking about is a beach party at Snorkel Park that happens on the Wed and Thurs the BA is docked.

http://www.snorkelparkbeach.com/

Definitely something the 20+'somethings in our group will probably take advantage of. And their 50+ something parents have every intention of meandering along (if only for a little while), but we'll see how that goes :rolleyes:

You can scratch that one off your list.. unless you plan to go, then you can give us a first hand account.

Anything else you asked???? Yes...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! We willl be watching you sail away tomorrow, and of course your arrival on Wed morning. We need to know which direction you'll be docking! :D

Happy Sails,

Vicki

Edited by VickiD59

OK, sailing tomorrow (yea!). This is what I have. Let me know if you have any additional questions:

• Taylor95: bus/ferry tickets (not passes) at dockyard
  • VickiD59: Dockyard festival on Wednesday night 2300 to 0300??
  • BermudaBound2014: What day do they offer the laundry special? How much is a bag on special and how much is a bag not on special?
  • Lbocola: Can u please find out how much the laundry is and if it's only 1 bag allowed at that price and is the bag large
  • Sebas030: If you could take a picture of the Martini drink menu, that would be great! I would love to confirm that the prices for the drinks are the same even after the increase of the UBP.
  • SizzleChest: Many times cruises run specials on things like liquor and jewelry, but when is the best time to buy? Are discounts best at the end of the trip, or in the middle? Also, please collect the dailies and post them. NCL just moved the schedule around, so the ones on I've seen are probably wrong.
  • Lgib1: Taxi cost to Horseshoe Bay beach?
  • TravelJoe: Would love to know what night the chef's table dinner is held. I know it's extremely tough to book (only 12 seats, and typically once/cruise), but if you happen to be speaking with someone at Guest Services, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks!

Yes, I will scan and post the Dailies; Yes, I will take pics of as many menus as possible (and some food items - I'm a total food selfie!); Yes, I will post the names of all the staff in charge (Captain, HD, CD, etc).

Anything else???

Thanks so much! Hope you get into the Chef Tasting as well.

Envious that you're one day away (although countdown clock is 13 hrs...???)

Enjoy the cruise! Tomorrow is supposed to be a gorgeous day - will be an amazing day to sail out of NYC and down the Hudson river.