Questions re 6/5 Beer Package

LynnMW3

I did a quick search for this, but didn't find what I was looking for...sorry if this has been asked before...

If you buy the 6/5 beer package pre-cruise, it is a card, like the coffee card, that will be punched as you use it, or do they actually deliver the beer to your stateroom? Can you order your beer when at a bar or restaurant, or do you have to bring it with you?

My DH is a beer drinker, and we would like to be able to go to a bar before dinner, or while at a show, and order a beer for him (while I have a nice glass of wine)...can he do that, or would he have to keep it in the fridge in the room and bring it with him?

Thanks for any info you can give!

They will bring it to the room. You select the six beers you want and they bring it to your cabin. No way to order beer package and drink one at a time at the bars. That would be nice, though!

Anyone know if Alaskan Amber is available for this deal?

Nope. Only Becks, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft and Miller Lite.

The lack of Alaskan Amber was a deal breaker for me.

It is the best. Make sure to visit the brewery! As of last summer, they only sold as far east as WI! Too bad.

I was disappointed by this too. I won't drink any of those other beers, but I'd get buckets if they included Alaskan Amber and/or Alaskan Summer!

If they are offering the Alaskan Amber, then you can get 5/4 at a bar and store it in your fridge. The all you can drink packages only allow one beer at a time. I ordered ALOT of packages on our Panama transit, as I knew it would be real hot and nothing like a cold beer on the balcony.

Your room steward will deliver you vouchers for any package ordered and you call room service to get them. I usually started my day by stocking the fridg. Cold beer coming at 0530. Loved it!

Tim

Edited by Yehootu

If they are offering the Alaskan Amber, then you can get 5/4 at a bar and store it in your fridge. The all you can drink packages only allow one beer at a time. I ordered ALOT of packages on our Panama transit, as I knew it would be real hot and nothing like a cold beer on the balcony.

Your room steward will deliver you vouchers for any package ordered and you call room service to get them. I usually started my day by stocking the fridg. Cold beer coming at 0530. Loved it!

Tim

Just a question, we had the vouchers on our last cruise and called room service to get the beers. When they brought the beers they were all hot, which is pretty dumb IMHO because takes forever for the coolers to cool them down. Question is this, can you ask for cold beers?

Just a question, we had the vouchers on our last cruise and called room service to get the beers. When they brought the beers they were all hot, which is pretty dumb IMHO because takes forever for the coolers to cool them down. Question is this, can you ask for cold beers?

I would surely request it. It isn't an odd request. If I recd warm beers, I either would ask for the cold ones or just go pick it up myself. Was it on ice at least?

On recent Panama cruise I pre-ordered two 6for5 and as stated there were vouchers in the cabin. I called room service first day and then a few days later for the second. Beers were delivered cold in an ice bucket. I also called room service and ordered a third 6for5 later in the cruise, as opposed to the 5for4 from a bar.

Started with Becks then switched to Dos Equis and then back to Becks. Wish they'd had Alaskan :(

I would surely request it. It isn't an odd request. If I recd warm beers, I either would ask for the cold ones or just go pick it up myself. Was it on ice at least?

No ice bucket, they brought 6 warm beers on a tray every time. This is why I was wondering whether or not to prepay for the vouchers this time. I did take them to a bar and exchanged 2 for cold ones then placed the rest in the cooler.

Next time I will definitely ask for cold beer in an ice bucket. Thanks

Tell your. DH he can get a heavily iced bucket of 6/5 beers at the movie under the stars during movie showing or nfl football games if you're voyage falls during football season. There's a bar located directly below the screen.

No ice bucket, they brought 6 warm beers on a tray every time. This is why I was wondering whether or not to prepay for the vouchers this time. I did take them to a bar and exchanged 2 for cold ones then placed the rest in the cooler.

Next time I will definitely ask for cold beer in an ice bucket. Thanks

We bought the beer pkg for our cruise on the Ruby & the coupons were in the cabin. Called room service the 1st time & they brought 6 warm beers on a tray. Next time I asked for the beers to put into a bucket with ice & was delivered ice cold as requested. Agree that ice cold beers & the balcony make a great combo !!!