Do they ever upgrade.....

an interior room to an ocean view or balcony? I always see on here people getting upgraded in the balconies or suites but nothing on interior or ocean view rooms. Just curious. Has anyone had this type of upgrade?

an interior room to an ocean view or balcony? I always see on here people getting upgraded in the balconies or suites but nothing on interior or ocean view rooms. Just curious. Has anyone had this type of upgrade?

We've upgraded from interior to ocean view when there was a price drop after final payment.

I have had three C&A upgrades (the truly free ones). All were one category upgrades: twice from inside to an ocean view, once from balcony to a Junior Suite.

But it took over 30 cruises (over 200 points) to see my first free upgrade.

Now at 349 points, they seem to come about once every 6 six cruises, more often on non-seven day cruises.

On our last cruise (Navigator) we got an "upgrade" from an interior on Deck 7 to an ocean view on Deck 3. Now, personally, for us, going from deck 7 to deck 3 is not an upgrade...but we're not very picky about our stateroom as we almost always cruise in interiors. For us, it's location, location, location. :D

We were upgraded last year from Oceanview to Balcony at the last minute. We weren't told about it until we checked in at the port. Other than our luggage and C&A benefits still being delivered to our original stateroom, it was a great surprise.