Sapphire Aloha Deck Question

enyaw

Ok...need your help here! I'm looking at rooms onboard the Sapphire (on the Aloha Deck)--aft section. Are there doors going out to the Terrace Pool or do I have to up or down then around? I've sailed onboard the Dawn and the layout of the ship wasn't very convienent.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, there are doors going out to the Terrace Deck, and this is the very best part of being on Aloha Deck on the Grand Class of ship (which includes the Sapphire). We booked A730 for a 30 night cruise last year, and are taking the same cabin for a 28 night cruise on the Diamond next year. Everyone loves Caribe Deck for the larger balconies, but I like the relative privacy of the Aloha balconies but mostly that door off the end of the hallway to the Terrace Deck. You do have to be able to do stairs for this to be of any value, though. It was wonderful to be so close to all of our favorite places on the ship...pools, hot tubs, buffet, expansive decks for sunning and sleeping, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

We are leaving next weekend for Barcelona for 12 days on the Grand Princess. We took the room a747 that is all the way aft starboard , next to the terrace pool.

Do you think that will be a convenient room. Don't mind stairs and thought that this would be like we have our own pool?

How about the door slamming when people go through it>

:)

I'm afraid you may hear some door slamming if someone down the corridor has both their cabin door AND their balcony door open...the suction can be quite strong. There is a muffler on the door mechanism, though, and I know it can be adjusted, as I witnessed a deck hand doing that on our cruise. Here's a photo looking down from the Terrace Deck right next to the Terrace Pool to the door that goes on to the back of the Aloha Deck. This was the port side; you'll be on the starboard side.

524576002_AftStairs.jpg.ce19cba41e46199d7fff31dae58a9123.jpg

Archived