Celebrity web site error message

murray2

June 17th Still not working. I get the same whole page ERROR MESSAGE.

Clear your cache and dump all cookies, change browsers to Firefox or Google Chrome, something other than what you are trying to use.

Close down and turn off computer, reboot and see if that helps!

Also try accessing from a different computer.... After doing all the above!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

I try on IE and Firefox (clear cache cookies, etc...) and I have that message

Your application has generated an error

Please fix the issue before it has been released to production.

Request that failed: /booking/reservationStep1

JSP that failed: /WEB-INF/jsp/layouts/booking/bookingLayout.jsp

Status code:500

Exception:java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "April 01, 2015"

Stack Trace: org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.ParseDateSupport.doEndTag(ParseDateSupport.java:189)

org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.includes.booking.stateroom_005fpricing_jsp._jspx_meth_fmt_005fparseDate_005f0(stateroom_005fpricing_jsp.java:851)

and a lot more like the last line

I really don't like their website...

Try going through a travel agent. Apparently their booking engine isn't the same as the public one and you should be able to get a cruise booked

Thanks, it can be gotten around that way. But the issue is you should be able to get pricing and book through Celebrity themselves.

Clear your cache and dump all cookies, change browsers to Firefox or Google Chrome, something other than what you are trying to use.

Close down and turn off computer, reboot and see if that helps!

Also try accessing from a different computer.... After doing all the above!

Done, done and done.

But clearly it's not as 'simple' as that, given how many people are affected.

Hey at least you tried.... Now if you need something or to book something CALL THEM!!

The other great aspect to that is they close their booking line at 5 p.m. Who has time to waste researching options during the work day? And when you have time to book, they're CLOSED!

The thing is that in this day and age if a company has a website,and certainly a big company like RC, you should be able to use it. On one page I get that error message on another I get gobbledygook and our 5EB cruise tour has incorrect dates. Of course I have called Celebrity, but nothing has been fixed. Their website has been problematic for years and has some real stuff ups e.g a picture of Trafalgar Square on some of the tours in Sicily. Go figure!

I talked to Celebrity office today and was told they can do nothing about the problem.They did state that the web site problems should all be fixed by June 18th.--BUT DID NOT SAY WHAT YEAR

It is now the 19th - NO IMPROVEMENT. They realy dont know what year.

I just tried to reserve my specialty dinners for our cruise departing this Sunday. The website it down and stayed on hold with customer service for over 30 mins. And then was told that because we are 3 days away from sailing, the reservations are locked down and can only be reserved on the ship. So pissed right now and I'm not even on the ship yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just tried to reserve my specialty dinners for our cruise departing this Sunday. The website it down and stayed on hold with customer service for over 30 mins. And then was told that because we are 3 days away from sailing, the reservations are locked down and can only be reserved on the ship. So pissed right now and I'm not even on the ship yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right from Celebrity's website

Reservations for Specialty Dining Restaurants can be made online up to four days before your sail date. If your sail date is less than four days away, you will need to make your reservations once you are on board.

Regardless of where you're from, what browser you're using, what computer you're using, the @#%^&* website should work!! This has gotten to the point of ridiculousness. SO many posts about the same issue.

Maybe they should get the Cruise Critic IT peeps to have a look. Someone said the site is very complex--why do Princess and HALs sites work okay? Are there this many complaints about the RCCL site?

CLEARLY, CELEBRITY OFFICIAL, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE! I AM NOT HAVING ISSUES MYSELF BUT WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE. FIX IT!!!

I find the Celebrity website not very user friendly at all. It just hangs when using Safari and it seems like it takes forever to find the information that I am seeking. Many times I have found myself directed to a web page that is a template with the web designer instructions still left on the page on how to complete the page prior to having it go live.

Someone explained it better on another post but when you go to the site and get an error msg, your computer remembers that link. So even when the website is working, if you try and log in, your computer will go into its history and load the old page instead.

That's why you need to clear your cache and delete all cookies and close out of everything.... Make your computer think it has never been to that website before!

I've cleared cache - deleted cookies a couple of times. When I click the Book Now button I'm still getting the same message I've been getting for the last few weeks. I even tried on my laptop that I haven't used for about 2 months - same thing.

Your application has generated an error

please fix the issue before it has been released to production.

This is followed by a long, long list of stuff I don't understand.

:( :( :(

Just for kicks.... Next time you go to visit a neighbor or friend try from their house... Very weird and weirder still that the cruise line does not seem to care!

We just did an experiment. I had DH go into the site on his MacBook Pro using Safari and he was not able to get in.--got the 'site under maintenance' message. I went in on my old PC using Internet Explorer and I could get right in. Crazy!!

We just did an experiment. I had DH go into the site on his MacBook Pro using Safari and he was not able to get in.--got the 'site under maintenance' message. I went in on my old PC using Internet Explorer and I could get right in. Crazy!!

Cathy the posters having trouble are outside of the US.... Seems to be affecting UK & Canadian cruisers. You apparently can get into the US site but they can't or are blocked from getting into any site ...

Cathy the posters having trouble are outside of the US.... Seems to be affecting UK & Canadian cruisers. You apparently can get into the US site but they can't or are blocked from getting into any site ...

I am in Canada and having no problems accessing either the US or Canadian site. I use Chrome.