Would You Ever Knock On A Cabin Door

ducklite

Let me slightly restate your question. If you saw a house a few doors down from where you live on land, would you walk down to the house and knock on their door and ask if you could look around their house just because you are curious about what it looks like inside, I doubt it.

Yet you are proposing to do the same thing on a ship.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

After telling them politely in a friendly way that we were already unpacked so would not change cabins, we thought that would be the end of it.

Unfortunately, not. :o

The next day, another knock on the door from their friends next door. This time saying they noticed we didn't use our balcony so wanted to know if we'd give them two of our deck chairs and/or agree to having the cabin steward unlock the door between so they could also use our balcony. :rolleyes:

LuLu

Umm, NO you can't use the balcony I paid for. No, you can not cross between you and your friends. No, you can not use my furniture. Some people have a LOT of nerve. I'm afraid my language would not have been nice after my hysterical laughter finished.

Let me slightly restate your question. If you saw a house a few doors down from where you live on land, would you walk down to the house and knock on their door and ask if you could look around their house just because you are curious about what it looks like inside, I doubt it.

Yet you are proposing to do the same thing on a ship.

DON

I'm not proposing anything of the sort. In fact I made it rather clear that unless there was a very good reason to do so, I wouldn't. For the same reasons I would knock on a cruise ship, I would knock at home. Their child was doing something which was very unsafe and could lead to serious injury or worse (like on the roof with a sheet wrapped around their neck ready to play "Superman") or because something belonging to them landed on my lawn--laundry off their line, one of their child's toys, etc.

Maybe you should go back and re-read before accusing me of something totally not true because you failed in reading comprehension. :rolleyes:

Umm, NO you can't use the balcony I paid for. No, you can not cross between you and your friends. No, you can not use my furniture. Some people have a LOT of nerve. I'm afraid my language would not have been nice after my hysterical laughter finished.

Was sort of funny -- we kept wondering what other things of ours they were going to ask for next. :D

The strangest thing about it was they didn't seem to think they were making unusual requests. :rolleyes:

LuLu