Tell me about the NCL Spirit

stitchcreek

Officially, no.

I've never seen anything official saying no. My understanding is that it is officially allowed. Not that I've ever looked, as I've never bought any soft drinks onboard, but the consensus here has always been that it's allowed.

Do you have a link to anything?

I did a quick search, but I couldn't find any official policy written down. This sums it up well.

Actually, it may not be the cust service people at all.

I think it is their policy, but they do not enforce it. But, I am sure if enough people complain, they will begin to enforce it soon enough.

But, as said on these boards over and over, nobody has ever been told they could not bring soda or water aboard once they were at the ship.

While people are kindly letting us pick their brains, can I just check this out..We tried to book a soft drinks package for our 15 year old last night but apparently if he has one we all have to have one? Is that correct? We've done a couple of RCI cruises before and never had this.

Is there any way round this?

Just off spirit . We booked the soda package for our 14 and 12 year old on line prior to sailing . We adults did not have to have it . Saying that unless your child has to have soda with evening meal in MDR and / or a hooked on it don!t bother. There is flavoured water ( fruit punch , lemonade ( cordial type ) / flavoured waters / ice tea free in buffets and throughout the ship ., except MDR . Ice tea is free in the MDR at dinner time My kids probably did not get the benefit out of it .

Their policy....

"What can't I bring onboard?

Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any intoxicating liquors/beverages*, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal. *For more information read our FAQ "What about alcohol consumption and wine corkage?" Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard."

There is no mention of soda or water not being allowed. :)

Ooh bonus! So it's worth taking a couple of adaptors to be able to use multiple sockets at once?

You may want to take a small power strip. It's been a few years, but we did not have luck using multiple adaptors and there was only one US outlet in the cabin at the time of our cruise. We loved the Spirit and miss her in Boston! Have a wonderful Cruise!

While people are kindly letting us pick their brains, can I just check this out..We tried to book a soft drinks package for our 15 year old last night but apparently if he has one we all have to have one? Is that correct? We've done a couple of RCI cruises before and never had this.

Is there any way round this?

Just buy on the first night from a table in the atrium. I asked if we both needed to buy a soda pack and was told no just don't share it. So I got one and my husband bought beer as needed. The buckets were buy six bottles for price of five.

Another tip at athens and venice they have a duty free shop in the port building after your bag has been scanned. :)