Independence over to Oasis/Allure

We are taking our daughter and financee (his first cruise) on a cruise this coming Feb on the Independence of the Seas for 6 days as we thought it would be a good trial for him and have booked two balcony units and now the more I think about it going the western route with a stop in Jamaica, etc., doesn't seem so appealing to me, even though the price was wonderful for both units. After two trips on the Oasis and the eastern route I'm wondering should we cancel out the above trip and re-book the Oasis/Allure for the eastern route. So my question has anyone did this and I guess without talking to my travel agent yet would the down payment credit be moved over to the new cruise? I already know for our flights their will be a penalty and insurance adjustments.

Thank You, Ron M

Since you are happy with the price you got...which I'm sure is less than the Oasis/Allure I would stay with the Independence. After all, it's still a great big ship with tons to do. And for your first time cruiser, it should blow him away. As for Jamaica, you don't have to get off the ship. Many times the ship is our destination and we don't really care where it goes.

Don't second guess yourself. It looks like you've been on both ships before, so you know the difference between the ships.

I'm a firm believer that your first cruise should not be the biggest and best. Its a starting point for a lifetime of adventure. You've chosen an already impressive ship as his first one.

You'll give yourself an ulcer or a stroke worrying about whether this is better than that. I know, i'm doing that now with two teenagers on their first cruise. Remember your first cruise, and go with that. Its going to be a brand new experience for him regardless, and you know him better than we do. You wouldn't take them on a cruise if in your gut, you knew he wouldn't like it.

6 nights is perfect. Not too long, not too short if for some weird reason your future son in law doesn't like it, he won't be trapped for too long.

I'm sure you can move your reservation to oasis, but if the cost is good I see no reason to switch. I have plenty of fun on the western trips - river rafting, twister jet boat, all inclusives ......

I agree that starting on oasis may be overwhelming or set the bar very high

I'm sure you would have fun with either option

They will gladly flip your deposit to a different cruise. I think you should book what you want. We did the same thing a few years ago on Freedom and they haven't cruised since so pick your cruise and enjoy it.