Cabin and key swap

Chesneygirl

We have two cabins booked and are splitting a group of 4 boys under the age of 21 and 2 adults - one adult currently booked per cabin. Kids are all 18 years old.

Once on board, how do we swap keys so that my son can stay with his friends and my husband can stay with me and also get the card that buys the alcohol?

Just know that when you get the card exchanged for the new one that includes alcohol, they will want to see both of your ID's (yours and sons) when you go down to guest services. You will just sign a form and they make up a new card without the "cut" on the edge, but it says PC on it. :)

Thanks for all the replies. :)

So if I am understanding this correctly,

Guest services will give us new room keys to accommodate our switching of persons between cabins. Even though their policy when booking the cabins states that there must be someone over the age of 21 on each reservation? Once we make the switch there will not be anyone over the age of 21 in one of the cabins.

I have never done anything like that but it was my understanding that by default they will only give extra access cards to cabins needed, everyone will officially stay in the cabins they were originally booked with and keep their original keycards for onboard charges, security checkouts and -ins, etc. That way the rules still apply and every cabin has an adult in it on paper.

What comes to the card that "buys alcohol", I understood the first post so that the issue was to assure alcohol buying for the husband, not the son - otherwise he'd be the only one in the teen group to be able to buy alcohol (because the friends do not have their parents onboard to give the concent).

Edited by Demonyte

What comes to the card that "buys alcohol", I understood the first post so that the issue was to assure alcohol buying for the husband, not the son - otherwise he'd be the only one in the teen group to be able to buy alcohol (because the friends do not have their parents onboard to give the concent).

You are correct, we want to ensure that the key card with alcohol buying privileges stays with my husband when making the cabin switch between him and my son.

Will guest services take care of that?

I've done this several times. There is no official cabin switch. The people stay assigned to the cabin they bought. Guest services gives you extra key cards so you can get into the appropriate room, but your card for charging purposes stays the same.

The only disadvantage is that some of the "kids" will have a key to the "adult" room.

Delawarealan