Tuscan Grille Query

DYKWIA

Hi, we're booked on Eclipse in September and thinking about booking some restaurant meals.

When it comes to food, I'm fairly adventurous and happy to explore a menu, whereas Mrs DYKWIA is more reluctant - she likes what she likes.

The Tuscan grille appeals to us - we both like a good steak. How accomodating is the restaurant if my wife asks for some simple fries or / and a simple salad to go with a steak - rather than the fancier sides they promote?

Or a more general question, how easy is it to go off menu / have simple substitutions at the fee paying restaurants?

Edited by DYKWIA

I don't think getting a simple salad would be difficult...

I do know they will put sauces "on the side" as that is how I prefer them, so one can use as much or as little as they choose....that might be helpful too...just a thought.

Hi, we're booked on Eclipse in September and thinking about booking some restaurant meals.

When it comes to food, I'm fairly adventurous and happy to explore a menu, whereas Mrs DYKWIA is more reluctant - she likes what she likes.

The Tuscan grille appeals to us - we both like a good steak. How accomodating is the restaurant if my wife asks for some simple fries or / and a simple salad to go with a steak - rather than the fancier sides they promote?

Or a more general question, how easy is it to go off menu / have simple substitutions at the fee paying restaurants?

We were on the Eclipse last summer (Baltics) Tuscan Grille was awesome......mind you, so was Murano and Qsine!

Tuscan Grille (from memory) is probably the one that would be best for someone who likes their food served simply

They are very accommodating in Tuscan Grill. DH has eating restrictions for medical reasons, and is picky to boot. They happily accommodated his request of two appetizer portions of two types of pasta as a main course, with lots of "hold this, hold that" thrown in. The staff were happy to make his visit special.

Beware the food is very hit or miss especially in the meat area. Sometimes the beef is better in MDR or BLU. We found the pastas very good as well as the calamari and the little apps they pass around. Also the pistachio creme brulee was fantastic (thanks Library Lady for the tip). BUT I had a veal chop and is was fatty and tough. Now that they have upped the specialty dining prices I am not so sure if it's worth it any longer. I mean, nice service, nice atmosphere and pretty good food, but again the meat was just ehhh. Maybe with all of these recent changes the quality has changed. Here's to hoping. Happy Sailing.

Many thanks - very helpful information. I'm aware of recent comments re the meat quality not being as good as it used to be, still think it might be nice to dine in a more intimate restaurant a couple of nights on a 14 day cruise

Many thanks - very helpful information. I'm aware of recent comments re the meat quality not being as good as it used to be, still think it might be nice to dine in a more intimate restaurant a couple of nights on a 14 day cruise

It's an off the wall suggestion, but Qsine's Painter Mignon paired with the crunchy munchies might fit the bill as well.

Really can't go wrong in Tuscan. Has the best atmosphere of any specialty restaurant on Celebrity. We have dined in Tuscan many times and it always been excellent.

On steaks, Blu might come close to Tuscan, both are really good but the presentation, quality and execution in Tuscan is superior. Doesn't hurt Blu at all they both share the same kitchen on all S Class ships.

As far as stating the MDR, "sometimes", has better steaks than Tuscan, NO WAY, :eek: not even close in quality, tenderness and flavor. MDR vs. Tuscan, might as well try comparing a Kia to a Benz.