What to do in Ocho Rios???

moran4carnival

Lot's of things to do in the Ocho Rios area. There is shopping (Taj Mahal, Island Village and local market), jerk restaurants like Scotchies. There are also lots of other things to do with a tour, Mystic Mountain, Irie Blue Hole, Fern Gully, River Tubing, Zip-lining, Shaw Park, Dolphin Swim, ATV tours, Coyaba Gardens, Beach clubs and all-inclusive resort day passes.

Ocho Rios locals are a little aggressive with cruise passengers while trying to sell their wares and tours. If you are a first timer and don't want to deal with that, I'd recommend a tour. If you're adventerous and like to get a good feel of the local culture, get away from the cruise pier and enjoy. Sticking around the cruise pier will be where you'll have the most hassle.

• 2 weeks later...
We are really just looking into a beach type day or maybe a tour of the island my husband just had hip surgery recently and we can't take any chances with him doing the Dunn River Falls and falling.

Perhaps spending a day at an all-inclusive beachside resort may be an option? Resort for a Day offers resort day passes that include transportation to and from the cruise terminal to an all-inclusive resort (ie: Jamaica Grande, Jewels Dunns River...), where you can have use of the facilities, pool and relax on a beach...and since it is all-inclusive, lunch and drinks are included!

Over the years we've been to Jamaica many times so have done most of the popular things. Now, in Ocho Rios we are happy enough going to the convenient Island Village Shopping Center where Margaritaville is located and spending our time there overlooking the water. :)

LuLu

Perhaps spending a day at an all-inclusive beachside resort may be an option? Resort for a Day offers resort day passes that include transportation to and from the cruise terminal to an all-inclusive resort (ie: Jamaica Grande, Jewels Dunns River...), where you can have use of the facilities, pool and relax on a beach...and since it is all-inclusive, lunch and drinks are included!

Do we have to plan this ahead of time with the resorts or can we do it once we get there?

Do we have to plan this ahead of time with the resorts or can we do it once we get there?

Since this usually has limited availability, making your reservation ahead of time is suggested.

I booked with Resort for a Day (twice now in Ocho Rios and Montego Bay) and it's a good company with good locations to go to. We went to Sunset Grande in Ocho Rios and it was a beautiful place with a bunch of pools. It's located right there with the ships docked in port right in front of you. I have a full review of the day we were there with pictures in my signature line if you are interested. :)