Late flight home extend time onboard?

Freckles49

Hi all, sorry for leaving you dangling on this while I was on vacation.

Phil and many others have given you the best advice...wherever possible the ship will allow for late dis-embarkations. The Purser will ask you for your travel plans, via form letter, about half-way through the voyage. If they offer, and you accept, the late disembark, it will cost $35 pp. Your luggage goes outside the door by midnight the night before. You are asked to vacate your cabin by 8:30am. There are then various lounge areas available to sit in.

On the British Isles cruise Peter & I opted for late disembark, and sat about an hour reading in the Discovery Lounge. There was water, coffee, and a few snacks available. But after about an hour of sitting on a virtually empty ship my husband got antsy so we decided to go off and fend for ourselves.

This may not be the definitive answer you were looking for, but do know that whenever & wherever the ship staff can accommodate your wishes, they will.

Bonnie

Don't you have the option of keeping your luggage and taking it off yourself? Our transfer is scheduled for 9:30 which seems early as we have a 3:00 P.M. flight out of FCO. Where did you find snacks...and, could you tell me how late they served breakfast?

Don't you have the option of keeping your luggage and taking it off yourself? Our transfer is scheduled for 9:30 which seems early as we have a 3:00 P.M. flight out of FCO. Where did you find snacks...and, could you tell me how late they served breakfast?

Hi Midwestchick,

I don't remember if we had the option to take the luggage off ourselves. I will send an email to ask.

Breakfast was served until 8:00 in the Discoveries Restaurant, and until 8:30 in Windows Cafe. We found snacks (coffee tea & pastries) in various lounges: Mosaic & Discovery Lounge after that time.

Bonnie