February 2015 Ft Lauderdale Hotels~ Where did you book? How much?

vacation_junkie

Could not find any Cambria Suites rates so quick but did found their neighbour (BH needs to chime in on this if it's any decent);

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Feb 7, 2015 to Feb 8, 2015 - 2 Adults

Room Type Avg Per Night Total Cost

Standard Double - 1 Bed

Breakfast Buffet Included $118 + $13 taxes/fees $131

I will check this out after B.H. Chimes in and advises if its an ok place to stay at!

Edited by vacation_junkie

Exact dates have been posted...

Glad you posted the date, eventually. What I meant is if posters list the specific date they need, city, budget, size of group, details re parking if needed etc in the intital post, help and results will show up quickly. ;) No need to wait till post 49 to get info for your needs. Which I think is what you wanted to do according to your initial post.

Have a great stay.

I'm looking for Sept 19 one night 2 beds. Currently have Fairfield Inn at $129 for cruise & stay. Any thoughts on this? I'm driving down.

Thanks,

Cheryl

My thoughts...um...No city or address for the hotel mentioned .:D

You can read current reviews on tripadvisor.com for any hotel.

Could not find any Cambria Suites rates so quick but did found their neighbour (BH needs to chime in on this if it's any decent);

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Feb 7, 2015 to Feb 8, 2015 - 2 Adults

Room Type Avg Per Night Total Cost

Standard Double - 1 Bed

Breakfast Buffet Included $118 + $13 taxes/fees $131

I will check this out after B.H. Chimes in and advises if its an ok place to stay at!

I don't know this hotel at all other than driving by it. Maybe someone else can chime in? I know it is in very close proximity to the Cambria and less than a mile from Rustic Inn and Islamorada Fish Company both which will get you in vacation mode. I wouldn't think twice about staying here.

RoyalCruz I think knows the area better than I do.

My thoughts...um...No city or address for the hotel mentioned .:D

You can read current reviews on tripadvisor.com for any hotel.

Sorry, Fairfield Inn, ft Lauderdale, Dania Beach. Guess I just trust people on CC more than Trip Advisor!

Thanks,

Cheryl

Glad you posted the date, eventually. What I meant is if posters list the specific date they need, city, budget, size of group, details re parking if needed etc in the intital post, help and results will show up quickly. ;) No need to wait till post 49 to get info for your needs. Which I think is what you wanted to do according to your initial post.

Have a great stay.

Actually, the OP started the thread to help anyone traveling Feb '15. They didn't ask for you to do their research for them, just for people traveling that month to pool their info.

Sorry if I am reading too much into your posts, but they read so confrontational.

Actually, the OP started the thread to help anyone traveling Feb '15. They didn't ask for you to do their research for them, just for people traveling that month to pool their info.

Sorry if I am reading too much into your posts, but they read so confrontational.

Regarding the confrontational or flamimg or other ways people respond on these threads reminds me of when I lived in NYC- which I miss, btw,

I've always said that not only will New Yorkers answer your question but then they'll give you their opinion or interpretation to your question at the same time. Not that I ever did this :)

Edited by lyannea

Because rates fluctuate so wildy in the month of February, which is peak month and the highest rates for Fort Lauderdale, pooling info doesn't help info doesn't help unless unless you have exact dates.

The poster eandj helps a lot of people on this board.

Calling this poster out for being confrontational and then backpeddling about it is a pretty crappy thing to do. Your condescending sarcasm helps no one.

Because rates fluctuate so wildy in the month of February, which is peak month and the highest rates for Fort Lauderdale, pooling info doesn't help info doesn't help unless unless you have exact dates.

The poster eandj helps a lot of people on this board.

Calling this poster out for being confrontational and then backpeddling about it is a pretty crappy thing to do. Your condescending sarcasm helps no one.

I don't see how I am backpedaling or being sarcastic :confused:

The point I tried to make BlueHerons. I always ask for a specific date when someone is looking for a deal. Not sure that is being confrontational. I COULD be called realistic, I guess.;)

There IS a sticky at the top of the page to add Feb. dates if wished. I can't see the moderator going for a monthly listing.

Have a great stay.

If you re-read..I actually did post it.

Not in my 49th post... but in my 2nd post directly under my original. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you re-read..I actually did post it.

Not in my 49th post... but in my 2nd post directly under my original. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

K-Hope you found a hotel that will work for you.

• 4 weeks later...
K-Hope you found a hotel that will work for you.

eandj, I posted this on another thread, but thought I would check here also. We are arriving in FLL on Feb 6th and our cruise leaves on the 7th. Last time we stayed at the Bahia Mar. This was great as our room had ocean views, we were able to walk right out on the beach and restaurants and some shopping was very close. The only drawback is the price. I would love these same amenities but of course for a better price. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have researched and all I get is a headache - too much info, so I don't ever know what to do. Thanks in advance.

eandj, I posted this on another thread, but thought I would check here also. We are arriving in FLL on Feb 6th and our cruise leaves on the 7th. Last time we stayed at the Bahia Mar. This was great as our room had ocean views, we were able to walk right out on the beach and restaurants and some shopping was very close. The only drawback is the price. I would love these same amenities but of course for a better price. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have researched and all I get is a headache - too much info, so I don't ever know what to do. Thanks in advance.

February is high season. How do you define 'better price'? What is your budget?

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach, DoubleTree by Hilton

Feb 6, 2015 to Feb 7, 2015 - 2 Adults

Standard - 1 Bed $229.00

Taxes and Fees $26.00

Tot. $255 minus $35 free credit makes $220.00

The nearby Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn perhaps as an alternative, that will be $40 cheaper in total than the Bahia. Acceptable or looking for other rates? :)

eandj, I posted this on another thread, but thought I would check here also. We are arriving in FLL on Feb 6th and our cruise leaves on the 7th. Last time we stayed at the Bahia Mar. This was great as our room had ocean views, we were able to walk right out on the beach and restaurants and some shopping was very close. The only drawback is the price. I would love these same amenities but of course for a better price. .

You ae looking at a big time weekend. I would personally be happy with something around $200. BUt...maybe that's not possible on the beach. I agree we like the B Mar tower rooms and location. Did you try the MVP Hilton honors rate? Sometimes something will be avail at that lower cost.

ANother option would be to look at Valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place and just take the sun trolley to the beach. If the date is open, you can get that for under $200 in a very convenient location...altho not on the beach.

• 1 month later...
Keep watching hotels.

Last July I got the Renaissance across the street which is much, much nicer for $68 per night for late July.

You still got a great deal if you don't want to mess with it but just to let you know you'll find even better deals as you get closer.

:)

So I am not looking for Feb but January 16. Any suggestions? I haven't actually moved my cruise to FLL yet. I need to see how much more expensive everything is than doing it out of HOU. 2 persons. Budget least expensive as possible. Clean. Fancy not needed. Will not have a car. Will be flying in night before. Will either need shuttle or cab. If known, please include any prices for shuttles or cabs. Thank you!

Thanks!

Edited by familyoutdoors

So I am not looking for Feb but January 16. Any suggestions? I haven't actually moved my cruise to FLL yet. I need to see how much more expensive everything is than doing it out of HOU. 2 persons. Budget least expensive as possible. Clean. Fancy not needed. Will not have a car. Will be flying in night before. Will either need shuttle or cab. If known, please include any prices for shuttles or cabs. Thank you!

Thanks!

Try the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. Lots to do within walking distance. $12 cab from the airport, $10 to port. They may have a shuttle.