Royal Thinks we don't check prices!

You should have got in when the sale started. many people saved a lot of money.

The actual sale was for a few days in the beginning of May - RCI should stop running this as a "sale". The fares are what the fares are - but it is insulting to people who can see that the total price of their cruise priced today with the second guest half off is about the same price as the same cruise priced at two full fares in April. Extending the "sale" but raising the prices so that the total bottom line is the same as April is not really a sale today.

I don't know if it is necessarily bait and switch. But if there is not any bottom line savings on a trip, surely anyone can see why someone would be upset at a 50% off second guest "Sale" when they are not actually seeing any savings on the total price of the trip? I look at the total price of the cruise, not the per person fares. From what I now understand there was an actual 50% off sale the first few days of May and then the prices increased to cover the sale price. What I do not understand is why Royal Caribbean extended the sale if people can see with their own two eyes that there is not any bottom line savings on the trip.

I am following around 20 cruises. While that may have been true for some, none of the prices were increased to cover the sale on any cruises I have been following. Generally cruise prices increase over time from the initial offering price. Price drops after final payment are almost never lower than the original price. Out of three cruise I have booked for 2015, two have already increased from what I paid for BOGOHO.

Believe me, I have seen RCI raise prices just before a sale, but those prices tended to return to the higher price before sale price. Bottom line, if you like the price it's a sale to you. Relatively, outside of CC, few people actually track prices.

The actual sale was for a few days in the beginning of May - RCI should stop running this as a "sale". The fares are what the fares are - but it is insulting to people who can see that the total price of their cruise priced today with the second guest half off is about the same price as the same cruise priced at two full fares in April. Extending the "sale" but raising the prices so that the total bottom line is the same as April is not really a sale today.

That is not the case for everyone.

Price drops after final payment are almost never lower than the original price.

The historical prices would say otherwise. If there are price drops after final payment, it's because the sailing is not selling well. If it had not sold well up till final payment it won't get better after without big discounts. That's the way RCI gets the fence sitter to commit - with big enough discounts. People who book after final probably know how this all works. On at least three different class ships in June 2013 I researched, most of the sailings that had price drops inside the final payment period had lower prices than when the sailing was first available for booking. It doesn't mean the final fare - which is typically not the lowest fare. The lowest fare (when there are price drops within the final payment period) is typically about 30-60 days from sailing. Within the final payment period prices can swing widely and often. A lot of this depends on the cabin type, time of year and itinerary.

Edited by kemenyg

The historical prices would say otherwise. If there are price drops after final payment, it's because the sailing is not selling well. If it had not sold well up till final payment it won't get better after without big discounts. That's the way RCI gets the fence sitter to commit - with big enough discounts. People who book after final probably know how this all works. On at least three different class ships in June 2013 I researched, most of the sailings that had price drops inside the final payment period had lower prices than when the sailing was first available for booking. It doesn't mean the final fare - which is typically not the lowest fare. The lowest fare (when there are price drops within the final payment period) is typically about 30-60 days from sailing. Within the final payment period prices can swing widely and often. A lot of this depends on the cabin type, time of year and itinerary.

I can't disagree, because after final payment prices swing wildly, most times the price drop is for a Guarantee cabin or it's only good for 1-2 days. I still believe most times prices are higher. But most things are not set in concrete at RCI! :) I think the last thing RCI wants you to believe is wait until 30 days out you will get a great deal.

The sale was great for us. We booked an inside guarantee on Oasis for 799 each. When the sale started we were able to upgrade to an oceanview balcony guarantee for 20 dollars cheaper (after balcony discount applied)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next cruise: 12 Night Westbound Transatlantic on Oasis of the Seas!!

We have definitely saved at least $1500 on our Brillance sailing in October and our Jewell sailing next December. The Jewell deal we were able to get a GS for much less than we normally pay on previous bookings. We are thrilled and I keep checking that a suite will open up on the Brillance so that we can partake in the double points. We are currently in an E1 Balcony Which started off as $1299 pp and now were paying less than $699 pp.

The sale was great for us. We booked an inside guarantee on Oasis for 799 each. When the sale started we were able to upgrade to an oceanview balcony guarantee for 20 dollars cheaper (after balcony discount applied)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next cruise: 12 Night Westbound Transatlantic on Oasis of the Seas!!

I learned of the sale on this board before receiving any e-mails from RCL. Booked a Feb., '16 Oasis C1 Central Park balcony for less than $800 per, plus OBCs from both RCL and TA. Plus the TA is giving us dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. Bottom line when you factor all the perks, the average price falls to less than $645 per. A great deal.

We were looking at a June 2015 sailing on Independence of the Seas. The week before the sale, the total price for a 'D1' category for the three of us was $3,500. The week after the sale started, the total price jumped up to $4,100...:confused:

This latest fall season BOGOHO is a joke.

At the final booking page , They upped the first person price 150% and reduced the second person fare in half. DUH!

The final price for a cruise I had been looking at the on the Grandeur the last few weeks IS THE SAME.

I just hate these kind of tactics.

from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There may be some deals out there, but all the cruise I have booked cost more with this BOGOHO promotion. And I check rates all the time.

Our Explorer cruise for Jan 2015 has gone up $810 per person from what it was a few weeks ago, that is approx. a $1,600 increase for 2 people. But you now get $1,100 off with this promotion for a net increase of Approx. $500.

GREAT DEAL RCI...........LMAO :rolleyes:

I booked while on board while the bogo sales started and the prices were about 150$ more per person before the bogo started. Nothing really surprises me anymore.

I should say it was $300 more for both . Ill be keeping an eye out for the prices . if i didnt want to go that certain week i would have said the heck with it

Edited by trev71