What is your favorite itinerary?

We will be taking our first cruise in September on the Freedom. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'm going to LOVE it and will be hooked. Already considering where I would like to cruise to next. I would like to have an idea of where I want to go next in case we book a cruise while onboard. Is there a benefit to booking onboard?

Anyhow...what is your favorite itinerary and why? Is it because of a specific port or a specific ship or some other reason? There are so many places that I want to go to! We are located smack dab in the middle of the US, so we aren't close to any departure ports. I'm somewhat new to this site and I love reading what people have to say. Thanks!

Any itinerary out of San Juan. Usually includes some combination of St. Kitts, St Croix, St Thomas, St Maarten, St. Lucia, and or Barbados.

I wish they would homeport a newer ship there.

Oh I also took an 8 day to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. That was great. They no longer offer it.

Edited by TheTravelista

Our favorite itinerary is the one you're cruising on the Freedom. The reason I know this is because we are booked on your same cruise in September and we already did this itinerary back on the Destiny several years ago.

Love Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau! Clearly we are beach people, lol.

I've enjoyed every cruise I've been on so far from our first on the Fantasy to my last minute cruise last week on the Paradise ~ I've definitely became addicted and I'm always looking to book my next cruise! By booking your next cruise on board you are given an OBC, I believe it depends on the number of nights how much you receive.

This past May we cruised on the Sunshine to Grand Turk, St. Thomas, Tortola and St. Maarten and so far I have to say that's been my favorite itinerary, we especially loved St. Maarten!! I have so many itinerary's I still want to do and hope to be able to book an Alaskan cruise in the future but I love the Caribbean also, I'm fortunate that I live in Florida and have so many ports to chose from! Have a wonderful time on your first cruise :D

That's a tough one........

I think ANY cruise is a GREAT cruise....

Pride, we did HMC, Freeport, and Nassau. Ehhhh.. HMC ROCKED!!!!

Breeze, last year, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau, and St. Thomas AWESOME:D

Breeze, this year, Aruba, Curacao, Dominican, and Turks:D:D

These are ALL awesome, except Nassau/Freeport. I could do without those two, but they are fine.

Cannot wait to hit the Southern Caribbean.

Looking at the Valor for April. Love that itinerary!!!!!!!!!:D

Another vote for San Juan, simply because a number of southern ports can't be done from FL or TX.

Cruises out of SJ are good for anyone looking to change things up a bit but still sail the Caribbean.

The cruises tend to be port heavy (5 ports isn't unheard of), so keep that in mind. I personally wouldn't buy a drink package for a SJ cruise because of that (if you are trying to break even).

Edited by JasonV1

I'm not sure that we've repeated an exact itinerary........we've hit some ports more than once, but I think each cruise has included at least one new one. To me, that's the great part about cruising - being able to go somewhere new each time.

From Kansas as well. Yep, have to fly to every port. But then it opens up the options. My favorite one so far. (we are new too) was this past spring break. From San Juan, as others have said. A B2B with...St Thomas, St Croix, Antigua, Martinique, St Lucia, Tortola, St Maarten, St Kitts, Dominica, & Barbados. It was amazing. We started off with The Allure as our first ship. 2nd was another southern (with Aruba & Curacao) with a huge aft balcony. So I think we are doing it all backwards. :p Ha. There is always something new to try with each one, so we are going to keep cruising and try out as much as we can. Our next new thing is a Carnival ship with slides, inside room, and a western route.

The ports would depend on what you like to do. Some are better for land based excursions...St Lucia & Dominica. Some are better for the water excursions, Barbados & Tortola. (our experiences) Go for what appeals to you and enjoy being a cruise addict!!

Most of my cruises have been warm weather cruises, but last summer, we sailed to what is, without a doubt, one of the most amazing destinations that we've visited on a cruise ship. That place is ALASKA. We were in a state of amazement the entire time, and surprisingly, it didn't cost much more than Caribbean cruises we've taken.

Feel free to click on my photo review (link in my signature). Enjoy!

Another vote for San Juan and the VALOR. we have done this itinerary 2 other times (see reviews in signature under Victory, before the Valor and Victory changed places) The islands are awesome and the time you can spend in Puerto Rico is great. If you do the Southern route... go a couple of days early or stay a day or two after (both if you can) and explore Puerto Rico you will love it.

My vote is also the southern itinerary out of San Juan. We did that one on Valor last year and one out of San Juan that was very similar on our very first Carnival Cruise on Festivale. The reason we love this itinerary is because it is, in my opinion, the most scenic. These islands (San Juan; St. Thomas; Barbados; St. Lucia; St. Kitts; St. Maarten) are all very beautiful, not only while you're there but sailing in and out of. I also recommend a few extra days in Puerto Rico before or after the cruise. There is just so much to see and do there.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

glad to see the positives on San Juan. Often see people claim that San Juan is old, dirty with nothing to do. Drives me crazy. Guess they got one right-it is one of the oldest cities in the Western Hemisphere which is what makes it so great. Dream ports would also include St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Martinique etc. RCCL really turns me off with their big ship stops at only 2 islands-although otherwise I really love RCCL

My favorite would be leaving from Port Canaveral, stop in Key West then to private Island, then thru the Panama Canal to San Diego then Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hawaii Islands, Bora Bora, Tahiti, then on to Australia.

Most of my cruises have been warm weather cruises, but last summer, we sailed to what is, without a doubt, one of the most amazing destinations that we've visited on a cruise ship. That place is ALASKA. We were in a state of amazement the entire time, and surprisingly, it didn't cost much more than Caribbean cruises we've taken.

Feel free to click on my photo review (link in my signature). Enjoy!

A cruise to Alaska is on the top of my mom's bucket list, so I will be headed there with her (although probably won't happen for a few more years).