Funny Story with Resolutions Department

Thought some of you might find this humorous. We sail on Sunday on Allure and I have had a ton of issues with the online booking system this week (double charges, dinner ressies not appearing on My Calendar, etc.). I have been on the phone with the resolutions department for more than 3 hours in total over the last 3 days. Once it was finally straightened out, the nice lady I was dealing with asked if there was anything else she could do. Jokingly, I said "only if you can put a drink voucher on my account, because after all this trouble I could really use a drink." ;) She told me that she wishes she could, but she really can't do that much; however, "I can put $100 OBC on your account, would that help?" I am not sure what she thought I was asking for, but I was only asking for a voucher for a single drink (and I really was only joking). $100 credit sounds much better. She must have thought I was asking for a free drink package.

I Love RCI:D

They (RCL) not only spent all that time making sure everything was going to be OK by the time you boarded but also comp you an OBC. That is GREAT service.

Well to be fair, the time they spent was time doing their job and correcting problems that their software created. My time on the other hand was my own time that could have been spent doing work for clients billed out at $400 per hour. That being said, they were very nice about everything and they certainly did not have to give me anything other than refund the things they double-billed for.

Thought some of you might find this humorous. We sail on Sunday on Allure and I have had a ton of issues with the online booking system this week (double charges, dinner ressies not appearing on My Calendar, etc.). I have been on the phone with the resolutions department for more than 3 hours in total over the last 3 days. Once it was finally straightened out, the nice lady I was dealing with asked if there was anything else she could do. Jokingly, I said "only if you can put a drink voucher on my account, because after all this trouble I could really use a drink." ;) She told me that she wishes she could, but she really can't do that much; however, "I can put $100 OBC on your account, would that help?" I am not sure what she thought I was asking for, but I was only asking for a voucher for a single drink (and I really was only joking). $100 credit sounds much better. She must have thought I was asking for a free drink package.

I Love RCI:D

Well to be fair, the time they spent was time doing their job and correcting problems that their software created. My time on the other hand was my own time that could have been spent doing work for clients billed out at $400 per hour. That being said, they were very nice about everything and they certainly did not have to give me anything other than refund the things they double-billed for.

hhhhmmmmmmm............................... :rolleyes: