Who has been to Honduras?

I would be very carful there. NCL has stopped using Roatan as a port of call because of the crime (one of their crew was killed there http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/03/articles/crime/travel-crime-warning-tourists-assaulted-robbed-terrorized-in-roatan-honduras/

There has other trouble with cruise PAX.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/01/articles/crime/crime-in-roatan-shots-fired-armed-robbery-of-carnival-cruise-passengers/

This is old news. Yes NCL stopped for a short amount of time calling on Roatan but they are again stopping there.

We are going to Roatan in August and can't wait. As others have said regardless of where you are you need to keep your eyes open and not flaunt valuables.

This is old news. Yes NCL stopped for a short amount of time calling on Roatan but they are again stopping there.

We are going to Roatan in August and can't wait. As others have said regardless of where you are you need to keep your eyes open and not flaunt valuables.

Yes, it might be news of three months ago. But Honduras is still the murder capital of the world. Just do a search on Roatan Honduras and you will get all the info that is needed. Enjoy Roatan and I agree with you about keeping your eyes open. I loved the beach there.

I would be very carful there. NCL has stopped using Roatan as a port of call because of the crime (one of their crew was killed there http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/03/articles/crime/travel-crime-warning-tourists-assaulted-robbed-terrorized-in-roatan-honduras/

There has other trouble with cruise PAX.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/01/articles/crime/crime-in-roatan-shots-fired-armed-robbery-of-carnival-cruise-passengers/

NCL only stopped using Roatan for about a week or so. My NCL Sun cruise to Roatan in November is still going there.

NCL only stopped using Roatan for about a week or so. My NCL Sun cruise to Roatan in November is still going there.

I just checked NCL web site for June to Nov. The first cruise that I saw that went to Roatan is 10/26 on the Sun. They also have them in Nov too. I did not check later than that. So I guess NCL did stop going there for a while. It could be because of what happened there.

Edited by geocruiser

I just checked NCL web site for June to Nov. The first cruise that I saw that went to Roatan is 10/26. They also have them in Nov too. I did not check later than that. So I guess NCL did stop going there for a while. It could be because of what happened there.

It could be, I have no idea. One would have to compare all sailing prior to the shooting to see if there is a difference. I know that the Sun only has one sailing out of Tampa this year (23 Nov 14-the one I'm on) and it goes to Roatan. I have looked at any other sailings.

It could be, I have no idea. One would have to compare all sailing prior to the shooting to see if there is a difference. I know that the Sun only has one sailing out of Tampa this year (23 Nov 14-the one I'm on) and it goes to Roatan. I have looked at any other sailings.

Have a great time on the sun. I have been there three times. The first time was years ago on Premier cruise line. It was not good. Years later I went back and the port was much better. The street was even paved!

Yes, it might be news of three months ago. But Honduras is still the murder capital of the world. Just do a search on Roatan Honduras and you will get all the info that is needed. Enjoy Roatan and I agree with you about keeping your eyes open. I loved the beach there.

You do realize mainland Honduras is much different than Roatan? Yes, there is crime everywhere but Roatan is not where most of the violence going on in Honduras is taking place.

We all as travelers need to remember we are guests in these countries and what we might do in our home town is not what we do there. This applies to all of the cities the cruise lines visit. Roatan is not the only one to have experienced violence against cruise passengers and employees.

We did little French key in May. We did have a good time but it was a little pricey and we will try something else when we return in September. Island marketing seems to have a good selection of things to do and have heard good things about victor Bodden tours also.

You do realize mainland Honduras is much different than Roatan? Yes, there is crime everywhere but Roatan is not where most of the violence going on in Honduras is taking place.

We all as travelers need to remember we are guests in these countries and what we might do in our home town is not what we do there. This applies to all of the cities the cruise lines visit. Roatan is not the only one to have experienced violence against cruise passengers and employees.

Yes, I know that Roatan in not on the main land. In my above post ( if you saw it) I said that I have been there three times. The main land Honduras has a lot of crime but Roatan has its share too. Like I said before, just do a search and see.

Happy sailing.

Edited by geocruiser