Crown and Anchor Question

I guess Disney is still presenting "If I Were not Upon the Sea". :D It was a very funny skit for the Farewell Show. Compared to Royal Caribbean's fancy productions, it is a little campy....but cruises are a little like being away at grownup camp anyway. ;)

It is still fun to watch:

:)

Looks like their system may be updating but my C&A number that was given to me by the rep on the phone works now. It still doesn't show my previous cruise but the number being activated makes me think it is a step in the right direction.

It looks like I blew up their system on my account. I was able to assign my C&A number to my account but it shows I have zero cruises. Now when I log in and try to book anything the system gets confused and I receive errors.

Spoke to someone who is trying to rectify the problem for me. In the meantime I can't do anything online.

It looks like I blew up their system on my account. I was able to assign my C&A number to my account but it shows I have zero cruises. Now when I log in and try to book anything the system gets confused and I receive errors.

Spoke to someone who is trying to rectify the problem for me. In the meantime I can't do anything online.

In other words, status quo for RCI's infamous website! :D

(Sorry, hope they fix it for you!)

OMG! The Emerald Seas was my first cruise in 1988 and it has subsequently cost me a fortune due to the addiction it has caused! 68 so far...

This Emerald Seas that you were on couldn't be the SS Emerald Seas could it? That was the first ship we cruised on back in 1980. Is it possible that was one of RC ships at one time or another?

Happened to me too. They didn't have one of my cruises listed for the Nordic Empress. The person I was talking to insisted there was no ship by that name. I said there was because I sailed on it a couple times. I sent the fax with a picture and was credited the cruise. The person I was talking to must have been new to RC, because at sometime the Nordic Empress was refit and the name changed to Empress of the Sea. Don't know if that ship is around anymore. I think it was sold to another cruise line. It was a beautiful ship.
Actually transferred, not sold. It still belongs to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd and sailing as the Pullmantur Empress.
This Emerald Seas that you were on couldn't be the SS Emerald Seas could it? That was the first ship we cruised on back in 1980. Is it possible that was one of RC ships at one time or another?
WOW - this has got me poking around the internet. The Emerald Seas was built in 1944 as a troop transport (I'm not sure under what name). I sailed on the SS Emerald Seas in 1974, when it was owned by Eastern Steamship Lines (which was then owned by the Norwegian shipping firm of Gotass-Larsen). In 1981 the company was restyled Eastern Cruises, and in 1986 amalgamated with Western Cruise Lines and Sundance Cruises to form Admiral Cruises and the Emerald Seas sailed for Admiral until 1992. Admiral was bought by RCCL in 1988, and ceased operations in 1992. So does that mean I could get C&A points for this?? This would mean that I'd make Pinnacle in 2046 rather than 2047:cool:

Thom

PS I just discovered that Eastern Steamship Lines bought the Emerald Seas from Chandris, so does that mean I can also get Celebrity Captain's Club Points??

Edited by TravelerThom

I need to look into this further. I was on the Emerald Seas for my senior trip in high school. I'm sure I have proof somewhere in one of my old photo albums. Just a few more credits (2) is all we need to become D+. That would be really nice to get before our upcoming cruise. :D

I need to look into this further. I was on the Emerald Seas for my senior trip in high school. I'm sure I have proof somewhere in one of my old photo albums. Just a few more credits (2) is all we need to become D+. That would be really nice to get before our upcoming cruise. :D
Good luck on getting the points. Keep us posted. I am already D+, but so far from Pinnacle that I don't even think about it. Not much point in me jumping through the hoops, unless I'm pretty sure that I'd get the points. But I'm such a pack-rat I probably still have my ticket contract and my luggage tags, so if it works for you I'll go looking for those items.

Thom

I got points or a point at the time, before the change over, for our cruise on the SS Emerald Seas (Admiral Cruise Lines). It wouldn't hurt to call C&A and ask. I think you may need proof. A picture or something like that. I even have a mug and a bar of soap from the ship.:p

I remember someone saying the ship was an old hospital ship, back in the day. The cabins were very big and the bathrooms were huge. I remember having to step over the threshold to get into our cabin. The ship was really old, but we enjoyed the cruise very much. First time we were ever invited to dine with the Captain, but had to decline (a long story).

Gwen :)

For some reason RCI can't seem to find the history of me being on the ship for my honeymoon back in '99. Now that I plan on cruising more, I would like to make sure I get involved in the C&A program and get credit for that cruise.

After speaking with a rep on the phone and joking I had the pictures to prove I was on the ship they suggested I faxed that over to that department. Did that the other day with a letter explaining the situation.

Any other tips for me to get credit for that cruise in '99? I figured if I didn't have success through the fax I would bring pictures along with me when I board the Gandeur in April and try try again.

I keep all my sea passes with my compasses, i emailed them my sea pass card and photo id and they linked it