Westin Hotel, Ft. Lauderdale?

doone

Has anyone stayed at the Westin in Ft. Lauderdale? If so, would you recommend this hotel for a pre or post cruise stay??? I am trying for priceline, but the cruiseline is offering a good price, $96 per person for a pre-cruise stay. Any comments????

Has anyone stayed at the Westin in Ft. Lauderdale? If so, would you recommend this hotel for a pre or post cruise stay??? I am trying for priceline, but the cruiseline is offering a good price, $96 per person for a pre-cruise stay. Any comments????

Doone,

Is it the Westin Ft. Lauderdale or the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood?

The Westin Ft. Lauderdale is quite a ways from the port and the hotel in in an office park. I have stayed here and the hotel is nice but not really near anything.

The Westin Diplomat is a full sevice resort which I have also stayed at very nice.

Westin Ft. Lauderdale is probably about 15 miles from the port.

Hope this helps.

mcboo

Yeah Doone, the Westin is about 20 minutes north of Port Everglades. I don't have any personal experience with the hotel itself but the location isn't one you'd want to be in unless you have a rental car. I mean it's safe and everything, but there just isn't all the much you can walk to and the cab ride up and back would eat up everything you saved by staying there.

Trents, thanks so much for the information, I sure do appreciate your expertise in this area, you are so helpful to so many of us here on the boards. I think I'll keep waiting for priceline and hopefully something will open up soon.

I've stayed there. It's on Cypress Creek just off 95. A lot of cruise lines use it, but offer bus transportation which I guess is included in the price you are paying. I think it's a 4 star on PL in the North Fort Lauderdale zone, but not significantly better than the 3 stars. Go for a 3 star and you will get the Marriott or the Sheraton Suites, both of which are in the same area as the Westin, but are closer to shopping and restaurants. Educate yourself at http://www.biddingfortravel.com

We stayed at the Westin (North Ft Lauderdale zone on Priceline) for 3 nights post cruise a couple of years ago. Yes, it's quite aways from downtown and the cruise ships. Hotel was acceptable, but nothing to get excited about. Best thing going for it is the Westin Heavenly beds. Very comfortable!

Unless you plan to just use the hotel for a quick overnight, and don't care to venture out, you'll be okay without a rental car. But if you want to explore the area, you don't want to be without a car.

When we stayed, there spotted quite a few Holland America passengers coming and going from various cruise ships.

IMHO $96 per person is steep, as I'm sure you can get it for $60-100 on Priceline. We got it for $60, but that was in 2003 (Feb).

Thanks everyone. One correction I have to make, should have proof read my post, but its $48 per person or $96 per couple, sorry for the error, but I sure do appreciate everyone's honesty here. I am still holding out for priceline.

Archived