Someone on fb just back from the Dream and had a good time, but said they are serving in the buffet again and someone else saying there were a few mats outside cabin doors :eek:

I don't want to worry anyone who is going soon, but just to warn them to take antiviral gel and be vigilant. I wish we had been warned last year :rolleyes:

Someone on fb just back from the Dream and had a good time, but said they are serving in the buffet again and someone else saying there were a few mats outside cabin doors :eek:

I don't want to worry anyone who is going soon, but just to warn them to take antiviral gel and be vigilant. I wish we had been warned last year :rolleyes:

Beat me to it Linda! Hope it is cleared up very quickly!

One thing I just remembered was that I had a look at the "ingredients" of the gel being used on board Dream, and it was anti bacterial and did not appear to be anti viral.

I took along a can of that anti viral spray and used it everytime we left the cabin. I tried not to hold onto stair rails and never used the toilets apart from the one in our cabin. Still saw people picking up food with their hands and putting it back eg bread rolls, fruit.

I think that is a good point about not using the public toilets.

I agree, some people have disgusting habits :( We saw people tasting something from a spoon, then putting the spoon back, when we were on a hotel holiday in Bulgaria. Also someone sneezing over the food :eek:

Stiil ongoing then.We had friends on the Dream two weeks ago and the staff were serving in the buffet then also

I am sure of the Thomson team on here told us last year that the gel they use on their ships is anti viral as well as anti bacterial. I remember this as I was asking why they didn't use anti viral for Noro.

Perhaps one of the team could confirm this?

Oooh very interesting we go on board Saturday any suggestions of what anti viral gel to buy and where to buy it?

We never use public toilets but good tip re hand rails etc!

Do you think that they may deep cleanse the ship?

I will check tomorrow with my sister as she did her research for her recent cruise and gel.

However best tip we were given years ago by a crew member - crew rarely get noro as they are taught to wash their hands with soap and water for a certain amount of time. - which is washing to "happy birthday!"

I kid you not!! It's a habit my kids know now and also one the children I work with!!

Always use your loo, never touch the rails and if you do use the public loos open then door with a tissue on the handle which you promptly discard!!

Suzy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for that tip I am an ex nurse so know the hand washing drill lol but have never been onboard when noro is on it is quite daunting and sounds scary I hope it goes but doubt it will by Saturday!! Any tips gratefully appreciated,

Hubby and I were just reminiscing, about our noro inflicted cruise - ventura's maiden season, 2 wks to the med and back.

It was scary as adults and children were dropping and it was a new ship!

We followed our rules and thankfully our family group was alright.

However, we did chuckle, as our lovely Youth Director, who was trying to prove to his team that the bug couldn't be noro and caught by everyone, licked the handrail in the atrium and promptly got the bug!! We met up with him a couple of years ago and reminded him and he had the grace to be rather embarrassed!!

One other thing - don't press the buttons in the lift!

Suzy x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oooh very interesting we go on board Saturday any suggestions of what anti viral gel to buy and where to buy it?

We never use public toilets but good tip re hand rails etc!

Do you think that they may deep cleanse the ship?

You can buy the anti viral foam in Boots.Can't remember the price but definitely worth it! Comes in 2 sizes, the small one is better for carrying around with you.

Just returned after 2 wks on the Dream. Yes they are serving you in the buffet. What I would like to know when will people learn to use the gels. I stood one night waiting for my wife come out of the laddies and saw 3 ladies walk out with out using the gel Have also seen people come into eating areas without using gel

Just back from the Dream on Saturday and yes there were a few mats outside cabins but I have to say that even in a hotel this sort of problem happens all the time, that's what makes Imodium a must on every holiday. The medics on board will quarantine anyone reporting a stomach upset for passenger safety reasons. The crew were as vigilant as ever about stair rail and lift button cleaning and staff were serving the buffet, the jacuzzis were out of action as well. The ship was at full capacity and I didn't see any major issues at all.

You just need to make sure you wash your hands thoroughly and take the usual precautions to keep well!

Looks like you made the right decision to go on the Majesty Jim.

TBH Linda,they were serving on the Dream last year which didn't,t put us up nor down,in fact it was quicker than punters helping themselves

I did enjoy the Maj though

Im confused ...... ?????

What do you mean 'a mat' outside doors ????

What is its purpose ?

housekeeping place mats outside the cabin door to signal to the crew that the occupants are confined/unwell and that they should take extra hygine precautions when cleaning inside

Thanks for all your tips and thankyou CRUISIN LINDA for that pic I will pop there today to purchase a few.

It beggars belief how unhygienic and lazy some people are around their personal care!!

Especially when it impacts on others!!

I am a bit OCD with hand washing even at home and on our last cruise I started to think about the tables, chairs, trays, tongs and other things which are unavoidable to touch and decided if there were Noro on any ship I went on I would only use the MDR for all meals where you only need to touch your cutlery.

I am a bit OCD with hand washing even at home and on our last cruise I started to think about the tables, chairs, trays, tongs and other things which are unavoidable to touch and decided if there were Noro on any ship I went on I would only use the MDR for all meals where you only need to touch your cutlery.

Good strategy I think. The buffet always bothers me if people help themselves - they may well use the tongs but if they hadn't washed their hands after visiting the toilet or sanitised, you are picking up the same tongs as them. And whatever else.... I actually think it's more hygienic for staff to serve you all the time in the buffet. You can always ask for as much or little as you want.

I'm very aware of what we touch too. The mdr has much less chance of contamination in that other passengers with suspect hygiene standards won't potentially have been in contact with your food. But even in the mdr pulling up your seat or handling the menu can be an issue (at least for me - the more I think about it the more potential problems I spot!! :rolleyes:.) I try to remember to use the anti viral after doing those things and before starting to eat.

Thanks for all your tips and thankyou CRUISIN LINDA for that pic I will pop there today to purchase a few.

It beggars belief how unhygienic and lazy some people are around their personal care!!

Especially when it impacts on others!!

Mine actually has blue label, but is the same thing. I think green may just be a new label :confused:

What I found strange on the Majesty in March was that going into the MDR the chap at the door sprayed your hands in the way in- no spray - no entry, but going into the buffet the spray unit was beside the door and it was up to you whether you used it or not.

There were a lot of people to just ignored it and walked straight in!!!

What I found strange on the Majesty in March was that going into the MDR the chap at the door sprayed your hands in the way in- no spray - no entry, but going into the buffet the spray unit was beside the door and it was up to you whether you used it or not.

There were a lot of people to just ignored it and walked straight in!!!

This is why we never go in the buffets - we always eat in the MDRs.

I thought the Majesty was very lax with the gels. We thought there were none round the buffets for a few days till we found one lurking on a wall behind one of the tea urns!! Also they are not outside the loos like they are on the Dream.